Thread: FAST Color picking

Gallery
    View images

FAST Color picking

If you have a Wacom Intuos (3 or higher or Intuos Pro), you can assign one of the pen buttons to modifier alt + left click. There is a slight delay as it performs the operation, but this will allow you to color pick by hovering and clicking, allowing you to remove 2 other input functions and increase the productivity while reducing repetitive wrist motion (and associated long term strain and stress on muscles). I suggest giving this a try if you have the capability, I'm going to be trying to find a way to do this with a mouse as well (maybe with some 3rd party program).

I also suggest the ArtRage team give us the ability to keybind color picking on hover as I've described here directly from the keybindings menu (whether through a keybind or other single input press, like mouse 4 or 5 or middle mouse button).

Gallery
    View images
    This hotkey functionality can also be set to the express keys if you prefer to use those over the buttons on the stylus itself. Super handy.

Gallery
    View images
    hey mate, I know this an old thread but I have problems with this action after the upgrade to ArtRage 5. I cant seem to get accurate colour picks anymore. They are always light half the saturation or something. Do you have any ideas how to address this per chance? Any help is appreciated