ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Multi-color rubbing

Multi-color rubbing

1) Take a digital photograph
    2) Convert it to greyscale in your image manipulation program of choice and save it as a png.
    4) Open ArtRage (full verion only), and create a new drawing of the same size as the image and set the greyscale as the grain (set scale to 50%, and the other settings as you see fit.
    5) Create a new layer, edit the layer's paper settings, and set the greyscale as the grain again, but this time click the little plus between the Grain and Roughness selectors to invert the grain (make sure opacity is set to 0%).
    6) Grab a tool that brings out grain patterns when you use it softly, and switch back and forth between the two layers to color the image with different colors. Inverting the grain for the second layer lets you fill in the white spaces on the first and vice versa.

Here is the digital image I started with (from Wikipedia):
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are the two layers I created:

Here is the final image:

Tiger Image

Hi cthorpe,
    I used the tiger image in your tutorial to create an image in ArtRage. Would you mind if I post the result in the gallery?
    silvertabbie (Denise)

Sorry for not replying sooner. The work I did with the image is released under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.

The original digital image of the tiger was taken from Wikipedia. WP states that the image is in the public domain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:P...ris_tigris.jpg.

Cool. Thanks for the step-by-step.

Also for the pic resource.