Thread: Another pulp book cover

Another pulp book cover

I have no idea how this is going to look as it was done on my little netbook (or whatever you call 11 screens now) and I'm not sure about it's screen - it was very cheap!

Anywho, it's another bit of cheating, using a CG render from a program called Poser. Same method as the last one, using the palette knife on the picture to make paint of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	89855

Hi, where do I click "Like"?

it looks fantastic.

I was crazy about those old pulp covers too. Never read the books. I would go into the old used book stores and raid the cheap bins for good covers and tear them off for my "collection" The collection was nothing more than reference, really, but some of the better illustrators blew my mind. I aspired to hire some of those models actually, but I lived on the wrong coast for that kind of work.

Anyway, we now have the internet and there's tons of such work that's been salvaged and put up by one appreciator or another. Lucky us. While Caesar's got Eighty+ painting all those saints, I was leaning toward femmes fatal and the gumshoe -- the other side of the stacks.

Love your copies. A real pleasure watching you post your work.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream