Thread: trouble with saving presets and any changes to brushes

trouble with saving presets and any changes to brushes

hi, all changes I make to brush properties get lost upon switching to another brush, even the size gets automatically reset to 50%. Same when I use the eraser, etc. I dont see a 'save brush' button in brush properties either. Creating new preset-brushes doesn't remember anything except the name of the new preset. What should I do?

Most presets have a specific size attached to them. If you switch around without using the presets, it will just use the current size for that tool.

When you create a new preset, it will save the *current* tool settings, so if you're saving one right after switching to a new preset, you're just duplicating it Set up the brush you want to save, then click "New Preset".

Does that help?

thank, it works with new presets as you described. it looks like 'new preset' is a synonim for 'save as'. I thought 'new preset' would begin, not end the process of creating a new preset. It's good now.
    And with factory brushes, is there a way to remember the last size and other parameters when I toggle between different brushes?

If you're toggling by switching presets, then no - presets are basically 'saved combinations of specific settings'. If you just switch a few settings around, or switch to the ink pen then back to the oil brush, you won't reset everything.