Thread: Is it Possible to Outline a Stencil Border

Is it Possible to Outline a Stencil Border

Hello,

Is there a simple way to create a thin solid black outline border just around the perimeter of a stencil image instantly?

Thanks...

welcome to the forum and to answering you ? .....have a look at some tutorials that can be found on the forum.

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...ight=tutorials

I'm sure you gone find your answer enjoy

There are two other modes for using stencils - ruler and guide. Right click on the selected stencil to open menu. Ruler mode may suit your purpose but it will not fill instantly - you have to outline the edge of whatever mode you choose.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    There are two other modes for using stencils - ruler and guide. Right click on the selected stencil to open menu. Ruler mode may suit your purpose but it will not fill instantly - you have to outline the edge of whatever mode you choose.
    Thanks for the info...

I found that by inverting the stencil and then switching it to guide mode that I can then quickly trace the inside of the stencil to produce the black outline I wanted.