Thread: Constructive Criticism?

Question Constructive Criticism?

Hey guys, I am fairly new to this and I have actually only drawn two pictures on a tablet before. I was hoping that you guys would be nice enough to give me some constructive criticism on my first completed drawing. Personally I like this drawing, but I do feel there is something missing. I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Thank you so much!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Style.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	89634

Great

This looks great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Labales66 View Post
    This looks great to me!
    Thank you!

Thumbs up Good start

Thats a really nice start. keep at it! its manga style and its good. bt the lighting and the shadows. try not to use black and white. maybe you could use a darker hue of red for dark parts and warm hues of orange and yellow for the light. i love it! keep painting.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey guys, I am fairly new to this and I have actually only drawn two pictures on a tablet before. I was hoping that you guys would be nice enough to give me some constructive criticism on my first completed drawing. Personally I like this drawing, but I do feel there is something missing. I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it. Thank you so much!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Style.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	89634
    Looks great,especially for a new beginner!... There is same things that you can chance,to make it look better.. my advice is check out some videos on the YouTube about this kind of style.. There are a lot of manga or anime(I think it call like that)videos out there.. And video about shading.. The shading is a bit of ,but that's really hard to do..I use pictures (that I mostly take my self) as reference. Like hands... Body positions.. The hand doesn't look that good,but hands are also hard to do.. Good luck with your drawings

Cool. I never quite know what to say when someone mentions 'There's something missing, but I don't know what'.

That doesn't really open the door to what's bugging them, composition, effects, drawing, color, etc.

Here's a thought: With your background, you might want to create something that indicates depth or space -- like an area of shadow that bumps into a tree line or something that doesn't requite a whole lot of detail. But it creates a point in the distance that says the ground is going somewhere rather than just being a color that is supposed to represent the close up, and the distance. There should be a transition showing depth, I should think.

Overall, though, this is really cool and there's a whole lot of great stuff happening. She seems like a compelling heroine who's got to make that decision between good and evil? That's how I read it anyway. So the story's one we all face. And she's cute and one wants the best for her, so she should make the right decision. Will definitely pull readers in, because we just gotta know how she fares.

Keep up the great work! Go go go!!!!!!

Last edited by D Akey; 04-25-2016 at 01:48 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sometimes you have to stop second guessing yourself. This looks pretty good. Just keep on drawing.