Thread: Terra Forms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Terra Forms

a collage of the forms of city and forest that mix and combine into an experience of living forms. Similar to a piece I did recently called Earth Signs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra Forms.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	505.1 KB 
ID:	89607  

Really good!

Each of those smaller areas are little scenes! Love the colors and every area is interesting!

Nice. Feels a little less natural, less "POW!" than the previous waterfall one. But it's fine. No real problem with it. But it feels a little fussy. Nothing wrong with that as a different stage. Just a different statement that's dancing around, like pondering. I'm rather partial to bold. But there could be some very cool things coming from this kind of pondering. Kind of reminds me of looking into a pond, past the top reflective part, and down to the moss and rocks and the shadows from the ripples playing over it.

Personally, were I to critique this with suggestions of where to next go with this same one, I would suggest doing a variation on this where you're using less color change and let the focus be on the textures. . . rather than the scrubbing, the color changes, value changes etc. That way you could go as wild as you please and by keeping in closer (not monochrome though it could be as a PS try off of one of your copies just to see what happens) you will then keep it 'of a piece' and you'll hand the viewer a statement. Right now it's like some teenagers running in to the kitchen trying to relate a shocking scene they just saw -- where it all comes out in a flurry of words that you have to work at to sort out the meaning. I mean it's not as chaotic as all that, but there's some of that in there in places.

You seem to have your moments of really getting into scrubbing around and doing a sort of action painting process. Well and good. I like that too. But pull back on one or two parameters and see what happens. Then later, as you see the reason for it, you can add to the image here and there, gently seeing what happens.

Anyway, that's what I think. For What It's Worth.

Last edited by D Akey; 04-23-2016 at 01:42 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Warm Color.
    reminds me of the Brazil
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Each of those smaller areas are little scenes! Love the colors and every area is interesting!
    very nice thank you Marilyn Anne, hope you are enjoying your spring time and flowers..

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Nice. Feels a little less natural, less "POW!" than the previous waterfall one. But it's fine. No real problem with it. But it feels a little fussy. Nothing wrong with that as a different stage. Just a different statement that's dancing around, like pondering. I'm rather partial to bold. But there could be some very cool things coming from this kind of pondering. Kind of reminds me of looking into a pond, past the top reflective part, and down to the moss and rocks and the shadows from the ripples playing over it.

Personally, were I to critique this with suggestions of where to next go with this same one, I would suggest doing a variation on this where you're using less color change and let the focus be on the textures. . . rather than the scrubbing, the color changes, value changes etc. That way you could go as wild as you please and by keeping in closer (not monochrome though it could be as a PS try off of one of your copies just to see what happens) you will then keep it 'of a piece' and you'll hand the viewer a statement. Right now it's like some teenagers running in to the kitchen trying to relate a shocking scene they just saw -- where it all comes out in a flurry of words that you have to work at to sort out the meaning. I mean it's not as chaotic as all that, but there's some of that in there in places.

You seem to have your moments of really getting into scrubbing around and doing a sort of action painting process. Well and good. I like that too. But pull back on one or two parameters and see what happens. Then later, as you see the reason for it, you can add to the image here and there, gently seeing what happens.

Anyway, that's what I think. For What It's Worth.

dear DAkey sage advice and it will be considered and meditated on for future works... thanks again for taking the time to elaborate so well on my works.

Quote Originally Posted by sabena View Post
    Warm Color.
    reminds me of the Brazil
    ah to be there would be sweet glad it reminds you of such a beautiful place.