ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My Art

My Art

I havent posted here much, if ever, but I am a forum stalker and a somewhat longtime user of Artrage, since version 2.5 I think. It is a beautiful program that has allowed me to get back into painting and drawing despite the ever deepening hole my free time seems gets sucked into.

I have several paintings that I have started to sell locally as prints and printed canvases, as well as offering digital downloads on etsy. I am always up for a good critique and value the opinions of others, as long as they are not jerks.

www.llmarshall.com

Etsy

If anyone has any suggestions on selling online or pointers on getting better at artrage I am all ears!

Have a great week!
    Logan

I'm not sure what you mean by get better at art rage but I think we are always out to get better as artists. I would recommend taking more time with one or two paintings to see how far you can go with it. You want to stand out if you're going to be trying to sell. So keep pushing yourself. And good luck.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'm not really a big fan of photo realistic paintings, I typically like a sloppier style, it has always drawn my eye more. There are nuances with every program, people who are more frequent users should be able to navigate it and know of better methods to use it than someone like me who just dabbles from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by strandon View Post
    I'm not really a big fan of photo realistic paintings, I typically like a sloppier style, it has always drawn my eye more. There are nuances with every program, people who are more frequent users should be able to navigate it and know of better methods to use it than someone like me who just dabbles from time to time.
    Putting time into a painting doesn't necessarily mean photographic. But now I get a better idea where you're aiming. Sounds like fun.

So enjoy your personal expression. Artrage is great for that. I do have a suggestion then about asking for ideas in the AR forums. It helps if you come in with something specific for people to talk about. Like if you describe what you're doing and what you might like to see a different result with, then people have ideas how it might differently be accomplished. Otherwise it's pretty open ended and people might be making suggestions about things you're not interested in. Even if you aren't comfortable articulating verbally in public, get conversations going in private messages. Meanwhile there's the vast Tips n' Tricks section with all kinds of ideas and YouTube has some cool videos that are very accessible, all for free.

But it's nice you stepped out of the shadows. Welcome at long last.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream