Thread: Another Self Portrait

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Self Portrait

Here's another self portrait that I did last winter. It was done using oils. ArtRage really is my favorite digital painting program. I love the natural and organic feel and look that it produces. I haven't been able to use ArtRage much lately since I've been busy with my animations, and I've also been messing around with another great program called Manga Studio 5. I also try to paint on a real canvas as much as I can. The world of digital art is a wonderful and powerful thing, but I still get a bit more thrill out of picking up a real paint brush and getting paint everywhere. And I can sell artwork on a canvas - I can only sell prints of digital art. ArtRage is definitely my go-to program for digital painting, and I would love to incorporate it into my animations. I plan to start using ArtRage to draw the backgrounds in some upcoming animation projects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Self Portrait.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	89599
    Last edited by Kyle D; 04-19-2016 at 02:04 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb7...=RD7uG2gYE5KOs

My free association just went there.

Soulful pic. Hope it's a good piece.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJb7...=RD7uG2gYE5KOs

My free association just went there.

Soulful pic. Hope it's a good piece.
    It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway...great song. I'll say it again...GREAT SONG.

It looks like You're a very generous person in this portrait, either towards some beloved individual(s) or in a charitable way towards anyone.
    A really meaningful interpretation of Your intimate self then, without masks and deceiving attires.
    You just take care to keep a sort of symbolic and formal dignity, also in Your complete offer of Yourself, by keeping Your hat on and Your venerably long beard combed and styled.
    You seem to be a modern hermit, anchorite, a kind of St. Jerome, so frequently painted in many classical masterpieces.
    Most interesting and with a vague reference to Jesus Christ Holy Heart religious representations on art and images.
    I wish You may get the prize for Your ascetic approach to the mystery in case ...

I hope it's not an indication of heart transplant anyway.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!