Thread: Select and Transform Tool

Select and Transform Tool

I would like a Select tool and a Transform tool in Art Rage for Android.
    Any possibility of these ?

We're working on a Transform tool at the moment, but not a Select tool (not sure currently whether it's possible, though we know people want it).

A select tool is in the windows version. Why would such not be possible on Android?

The short answer is "it's complicated". The long answer is "it might be possible, but we're not entirely sure and will take the programmers a long time to figure out, make sure it doesn't use too much memory, and isn't horribly buggy", so we're not going to promise something we're really not sure will work.

I'm happy about the transform tool coming up to the Android version. I hope it includes translation, scaling and rotation, and even more importantly, it applies ONLY to the current layer, not all layers simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by impasto View Post
    I'm happy about the transform tool coming up to the Android version. I hope it includes translation, scaling and rotation, and even more importantly, it applies ONLY to the current layer, not all layers simultaneously?
    Yes, to all of those. You will have the option of transforming individual or all layers, and it includes transform locks on the canvas/scale/rotation/position as well. It's currently being bug tested for the final release so should be out soon!

I just uploaded the latest android version 4.3, and yes, the layer transform tool is there. Great! This is a significant improvement!