Thread: Rolling in

Rolling in

Going back many years and seeing myself walking on the beach of the Belgian coast with my feet at the water line feeling the waves rolling in.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rolling in.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	89563  

Nice effect on the white caps. So the water was noticeably brownish where you grew up? Interesting regional thing. Anyway, looks like wonderful memories washing in with the tide.

Go Rondo!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very evocative and credible painting, especially for me who used to live in a sea and beaches town. Memories for me too, apart for the muddy color of water here, possibly due to a beach prone to the effects of considerable tides sizes on the Atlantic shores we don't experience in the Mediterranean.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

thank you D Akey and yes the water is that color at the North Sea and i have to say i did not put the wave breakers in.I have some fond memories indeed and also some bad ones (they are always together).
    Thank you dear Caesar, and indeed the brownish color is due to (as you pointed out) the strong tides and waves (the reason for the "wave breakers" ).

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    . . .I have some fond memories indeed and also some bad ones (they are always together). . .
    True words. Always come in pairs. I suppose it's for balance. . . or it gives us a choice, which ones to focus on. And therein lies our power as creators.

"It's not often easy, and not always kind, but you know you better finally decide."
    - The Lovin' Spoonful

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream