Thread: Quiet Memories

Quiet Memories

Done in oil, used some ink pen on tree, had to find a home for this little log cabin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quiet Memories.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	89559  

looks so comfy and charming, I am ready to move in for the summer!...

Good, but I would have to caution about that tree limb being smack across the cabin. They're handled very similarly so it flattens the depth of the picture. Stuff like trees, unless they're the focus of the painting, should serve the main part of the story -- in this case the cabin tries to be the star. So the limb is in the way, from my perspective. All else is just jolly and my mind fixes it so that I can get past the tree to the cabin. But as it sits, the limb is serving as a psychological barrier of sorts. That may work for you, if that's the story you're telling. Maybe in your real life there's something standing between you and that placid scene. In which case it's more about what's inside coming out to be considered by you and this is more of a journal entry kind of process, where you've gone deep. Maybe it's those sweet memories are blocked by time passing and that's the theme. Dunno. Would be a very good theme.

But even if it is, you would want to separate the limb from the cabin. . . I suspect. I may have missed the point of the picture, in which case, please ignore my comment.

Go Pat! Take us on a journey.

Last edited by D Akey; 04-14-2016 at 10:11 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Well, I had the same thought than DAkey, but apart from that I'd move the chair closer to the pool and sit down, rest and look at the Koi fish swimming around.
    Pls call me when the applepie cools down and we may finally have nice piece of it! LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!