Thread: Woodland Stream

Woodland Stream

I love Artrage and was pleased with the outcome of my Woodland Stream.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woodland Stream.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	89539  

The colors are wonderful. Hope you will share more of your work.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I haven't been practising painting and drawing for very long, traditional or digital, but i am addicted now as it is so much fun and learning more all the time.

Welcome! You used the tools to arrange a quite personal style. Nice palette mostly of orange/red against greens ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I especially enjoy the surprise of how you did the trees. Gives it a creative feel, almost as if this were a claymation animation miniature feel. And even without that connection it's very attractive and reminds me of walking through the woods. Some day I hope to be around forests of trees that are changing colors in Fall. That's my kind of walk of inspiration to paint.

Welcome to the forums. Hope to see many more.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the great feedback.

D Akey. What is a Claymation animation miniature feel? Lol, I'm showing my ignorance but have no idea what that is.

I should also have mentioned that the reference photo was by Natureworks on Morguefiles. Shame, but there are no lovely woodland walks like this one around my area.
    Last edited by annlou; 04-12-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Claymation is a style of animation where the characters, and often the environments the cartoons took place in, had a crafted feel, along the lines of a model railroad setup. In case you haven't seen them because they are not all that popular anymore, the objects were often made of crafts hobby materials. It could be very inventive how one could use something like clay or sponge or whatever, and with a little paint and set in the context of the model world, it could take on other attributes.

The clay was the foundation for the animated characters primarily, and it was a painstaking process to do because it took forever to do. Take your motion picture camera, mount it rock steady in place so it doesn't move, and then you shoot one frame. Then you move your character a wee bit, and shoot another frame. And do that enough and cleverly, you give the characters the illusion of life.

Anyway, I grabbed a picture of a very old cartoon done that way. The background seems to be made of clay and colored. I'm not saying your stuff looks like this. But it has that feel for me of the way you painted the trees, that you used what the paint program does and used it to make trees -- quite cleverly I might add.

So it's all very creative. And looks like a whole lot of fun doing it.

(The pic by the way I'm uploading is really low quality and the background is slightly out of focus but I hope you get the idea.)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D Akey for the explanantion, and it was great fun doing it. Pleased that you like it.

Such fun to do!

Fun use of tools and bright fall colors.