Thread: Can Artrage create reflections?

Can Artrage create reflections?

I was wondering if I can create reflections on artrage or would I have to draw it. I think its sketchbook where you can draw and it will draw it twice (top/bottom) which is great for reflections in paintings. Name:  landscape-replection-photography-10.jpg
Views: 5460
Size:  240.7 KB

ArtRage can definitely create reflections! The tool you want in this example is the Symmetry tool ( Tools > Paint Symmetry).

However, you can also create reflections by merging, duplicating and flipping all the stuff you want reflected, and turning that into the 'water'.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    ArtRage can definitely create reflections! The tool you want in this example is the Symmetry tool ( Tools > Paint Symmetry).

However, you can also create reflections by merging, duplicating and flipping all the stuff you want reflected, and turning that into the 'water'.
    Thanks the first option is difficult when I use a stencil it doesn't even look like the image above. The second option works great. Now I just need to figure out how to make the water look clear. Or blend with the picture. Thanks again

Ah, that's because symmetry ignore stencils. If you were just drawing freehand, it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Ah, that's because symmetry ignore stencils. If you were just drawing freehand, it would work.
    Oh good to know thanks

Here is one I painted using the duplicate and flip method - just reduce the opacity on the 'flipped' layer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Here is one I painted using the duplicate and flip method - just reduce the opacity on the 'flipped' layer.
    WOW beautiful I will try right now