ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Getting started in AR

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ontario/Canada
    Posts
    88

    Getting started in AR

    I am trying to get into AR,but have no idea of where or how to start. What I would like is a simple tutorial that would detail step by step using AR tools to create even the simplest image.I have watch several video but still can not understand how they do what they are doing.Can anyone give me a starting point? As of now I am just wasting time and creating nothing worth printing.I can't seem to connect with AR.Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,004
    Hi and welcome. Have a look at these tutorials. https://www.artrage.com/tutorials/
    June.

    Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

    http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Arlington, TX USA (also Detroit, MI)
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    I am trying to get into AR,but have no idea of where or how to start. What I would like is a simple tutorial that would detail step by step using AR tools to create even the simplest image.I have watch several video but still can not understand how they do what they are doing.Can anyone give me a starting point? As of now I am just wasting time and creating nothing worth printing.I can't seem to connect with AR.Thanks
    (I'm still new here so can't post direct web links)

    Hi DJM! Are you using the demo? It took a few experiments but now I have a better hang of how to use it artrage. Is there something in particular that you were trying to do? Are you on deviantart? Here's some of the things I've done to kind of get an idea. Please note before you click on it some pieces contain figure drawings (nudity). Search starduskmoon there. I have a artrage folder. There are a lot of great tutorials from artrageteam. There are some great youtube ones as well.

    I normally use the stencil, pencil, watercolor, chalk, or technical tool(s). For the canvas I like the speckld paper or the first tooth drawing paper. Those may have been downloads from the forums (and not default) though.

    There are great free user made downloads here in the forums (look in the supplies one).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ontario/Canada
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by starduskmoon View Post
    (I'm still new here so can't post direct web links)

    Hi DJM! Are you using the demo? It took a few experiments but now I have a better hang of how to use it artrage. Is there something in particular that you were trying to do? Are you on deviantart? Here's some of the things I've done to kind of get an idea. Please note before you click on it some pieces contain figure drawings (nudity). Search starduskmoon there. I have a artrage folder. There are a lot of great tutorials from artrageteam. There are some great youtube ones as well.

    I normally use the stencil, pencil, watercolor, chalk, or technical tool(s). For the canvas I like the speckld paper or the first tooth drawing paper. Those may have been downloads from the forums (and not default) though.

    There are great free user made downloads here in the forums (look in the supplies one).
    I am using the demo since Feb. No I am not on Deviantart,but I will look thanks.One of the probe I find with tuts is they are not step by step and do not give settings.Think of it as teaching a child and helping by showing exactly how its done.I will admit,I do not spend a lot of time at this,I would like to but life keeps getting in the way.
    I need to know every thing, right now I am trying to paint a flower thats looking terrible.I would also like to know what do you get with the full AR as apossed to the demo. Thanks in advance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    939
    Hello DJM
    The following page lists the differences between the desktop demo version and the full paid desktop version of ArtRage4: https://www.artrage.com/demos/
    This next page lists all the features currently available in all of the different paid versions of ArtRage. Click on the ‘Desktop Editions’ tab to see the full feature sets specific to ArtRage Lite and ArtRage4: https://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/

    As for a step by step tutorial, the "Into The Stars" watercolour video tutorial by forum member Someonesane is very good. You can find it here: https://www.artrage.com/into-the-sta...y-someonesane/
    Last edited by markw; 04-03-2016 at 10:20 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

    Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    2,108
    DJM, the full version of ARTRAGE is worth the investment. Experimenting with all the tools is intriguing, to say the least. Searching the forums will bring a treasure trove of help. There are many users of ArtRage who will willingly help with your questions. The manual that comes with ArtRage is a good place to start learning about the tools. Experimenting will bring surprises. Please don't give up. Relax and enjoy the journey.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ontario/Canada
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
    DJM, the full version of ARTRAGE is worth the investment. Experimenting with all the tools is intriguing, to say the least. Searching the forums will bring a treasure trove of help. There are many users of ArtRage who will willingly help with your questions. The manual that comes with ArtRage is a good place to start learning about the tools. Experimenting will bring surprises. Please don't give up. Relax and enjoy the journey.
    Thanks Bobbi,I have been debating about the full version,what more do I get? I am at this time getting nowhere,but not ready to give up.Its just about time,never enough.The demo is a starting point for me,and until I create something i like the full version will be a waste of $$$$.I live just over the border from you and the dollar here is getting a good hard kick:<(. Thats a bit of an issue,i also may need a Wacom,my old bamboo will not work with EL Capitan. Thats another thought, the other is age,I am not so young an time may be of the essence. There may be a new AR coming soon, then what ? buy now or later.This is all getting away from the creative side,never to old for that:>) I have been playing with selections,and wonder if the demo works differently then the full version when using them?Sometime they work ,other times not.Any way thanks for the peep talk.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •