Thread: Very bad lag can't use the program ARTRAGE 4.5.9

Very bad lag can't use the program ARTRAGE 4.5.9

I am using Mac OS 10.11.4 I just updated to this version I am not sure if this is the cause but I cannot paint using the app anymore. When I paint there is a lag. It makes using the software almost impossible. I am using the latest Artrage 4.5.9

Just tried again seems to happen with water color brush

Hello itsallaboutp
    Interesting, I’m not seeing any additional lag on my system and the watercolour brush is still quite usable.
    It is possibly the most CPU intensive brush, especially at larger sizes and I’ve also found that being zoomed a long way out from the canvas can make the lag worse at times too.
    So unless you have a really fast CPU then some lag is normal with it I’m afraid.
    On my system an ArtRage canvas set to 4950x3510pixels (prints to A3 @300ppi) is about as large as like to go using the watercolour brush. Beyond that and the lag starts to get a bit much for me.
    A possibility if it’s been a sudden change in performance could be that your tablet or mouse driver needs updating to match your system. As far as my Wacome Intuos4 goes that’s Driver 6.3.15-3.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello itsallaboutp
    Interesting, I’m not seeing any additional lag on my system and the watercolour brush is still quite usable.
    It is possibly the most CPU intensive brush, especially at larger sizes and I’ve also found that being zoomed a long way out from the canvas can make the lag worse at times too.
    So unless you have a really fast CPU then some lag is normal with it I’m afraid.
    On my system an ArtRage canvas set to 4950x3510pixels (prints to A3 @300ppi) is about as large as like to go using the watercolour brush. Beyond that and the lag starts to get a bit much for me.
    A possibility if it’s been a sudden change in performance could be that your tablet or mouse driver needs updating to match your system. As far as my Wacome Intuos4 goes that’s Driver 6.3.15-3.
    It is better now. No lag