Thread: Photoshop layers and selections in Artrage

Photoshop layers and selections in Artrage

I'm working on a huge project for a client. I am taking a piece that she painted traditionally and rearranging things from a vertical layout to a horizontal layout for a rug design. I started with about 25 layers in photoshop, and I was really pleased at how well they imported into Artrage, so that I can use the more natural materials in Artrage to touch up and recreate some of her painting.
    I did however find, that a text layer with a stroke (done as a layer style) did loose it's stroke. But I was able to go back to photoshop, and rasterize the layer with the stroke and it imported to a layer and fit PERFECTLY!
    I am up to 31 layers and while art rage is getting a little slow, it is doing great!
    One thing I never noticed, in all the years I'm using Artrage, is that I couldn't flip a selection in Artrage. We needed a few extra leaves, and I wanted to copy and paste her leaves. I used the freehand selection tool in art rage and managed to copy and paste a leaf, but it doesn't flip with the handles like it would in photoshop. I needed it to be a mirror image. Is there some other way of doing that? I honestly thought it did, but this is such an intense project, I may not be thinking clearly.

elainep, sounds like an interesting project. Click on the leaf with the transform tool to select it, then right click and choose "Flip Horizontal".

And faster still, with the Transform selection active jut hit the ‘H’ key to flip horizontally or ‘V’ to flip vertically.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Ah! I forgot about that one. Thanks Markw!

Thank you, I knew I'd flipped things before!

Thank you both. I know I've flipped things, but I was so sure I that when I was in the transform tool, that I could simply drag to flip. I know it works that way in adobe products.