ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 3 Levels of Eve

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    3 Levels of Eve

    you never know, atleast I can't seem to figure it out why certain work seems so popular and others not so much even
    if I like one over the other. I have learned I am the poorest judge when it comes the what people with like or not.
    This work has just exploded on my Instagram account with likes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Levels of Eve.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	530.0 KB 
ID:	89366  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    I kinda understand calibrating to an audience, but a caution is perhaps warranted about trying to only conform to opinions outside yourself. It's always good to be open, especially when you're learning (and we're always learning hopefully on some level). But the voice you should always be cultivating is your own.

    Trying to figure out what people like is a bit like a puzzle, and I can see the gamesmanship of it as something to keep your motivation alive. But be certain you're not losing the voice inside yourself.

    I mean, the corporate wisdom since the internet came onto the scene, and number crunching and data mining and creating business websites that get huge numbers of followers can sell for millions of dollars. All that is contemporary. But stats also show that it's far from infallible. Example of Amazon that follows practically every keystroke to know what TV shows to produce. They got it wrong because they thought the numbers rule, without someone at the helm with experience enough to spot a winner. And so they made a bunch of crummy shows.

    Numbers are great when you have someone who can use them as an argument in the whole mix. It needs someone at the helm who has the ability to make decisions using their brain.

    So please don't put too much weight on what you think the trending look is. . . unless that's also coming from inside you. Then it's merely another argument in support of what you're deciding to do.

    And if you're not looking at this in the way I assume you are, and are merely going "Ain't that peculiar. And go fig, but they like my stuff, so that's a bonus and at least I'm getting noticed", then never mind.

    But don't lose yourself is my caution, for what it's worth.

    BTW, I though Eve was a little more zoftic. . .

    Last edited by D Akey; 03-21-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Very interesting!

    It looks like mining for gems in the good clay earth.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    I guess next one is going to be enttled Three Adams then ..... LOL
    I would add my personal like too! On a vaguely Pollockian background there are Kandinsky signs and at least a third other great abstract master I still have to spot for sure. So You probably found a marvellous natural balance of all the composition elements, but You may also have made some subconscious chords resonate in people You may have seen and appreciated those artists masterpieces in their visual experiences.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I kinda understand calibrating to an audience, but a caution is perhaps warranted about trying to only conform to opinions outside yourself. It's always good to be open, especially when you're learning (and we're always learning hopefully on some level). But the voice you should always be cultivating is your own.

    Trying to figure out what people like is a bit like a puzzle, and I can see the gamesmanship of it as something to keep your motivation alive. But be certain you're not losing the voice inside yourself.

    I mean, the corporate wisdom since the internet came onto the scene, and number crunching and data mining and creating business websites that get huge numbers of followers can sell for millions of dollars. All that is contemporary. But stats also show that it's far from infallible. Example of Amazon that follows practically every keystroke to know what TV shows to produce. They got it wrong because they thought the numbers rule, without someone at the helm with experience enough to spot a winner. And so they made a bunch of crummy shows.

    Numbers are great when you have someone who can use them as an argument in the whole mix. It needs someone at the helm who has the ability to make decisions using their brain.

    So please don't put too much weight on what you think the trending look is. . . unless that's also coming from inside you. Then it's merely another argument in support of what you're deciding to do.

    And if you're not looking at this in the way I assume you are, and are merely going "Ain't that peculiar. And go fig, but they like my stuff, so that's a bonus and at least I'm getting noticed", then never mind.

    But don't lose yourself is my caution, for what it's worth.

    BTW, I though Eve was a little more zoftic. . .

    Thanks DAkey for your wisdom on this, I could not "create to meet expectations of the market" its just not in me to do that, that is
    why I steered clear of art as a profession and stuck to computers where I could be creative but in a different way... I was just marveling at what excites others in my work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It looks like mining for gems in the good clay earth.
    hopefully leads to riches

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I guess next one is going to be enttled Three Adams then ..... LOL
    I would add my personal like too! On a vaguely Pollockian background there are Kandinsky signs and at least a third other great abstract master I still have to spot for sure. So You probably found a marvellous natural balance of all the composition elements, but You may also have made some subconscious chords resonate in people You may have seen and appreciated those artists masterpieces in their visual experiences.
    you are mostly likely right all these past masters leave us a legacy to carry on if we so choose... I try to honor them without copying too blatantly..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •