Thread: All Hail the King

All Hail the King

Drew the image with the ink pen first and then colored with the paint roller and palette knife. Thanks for viewing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lebron James Finished Painting for Adrian.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	89365  

Fantastic work, really like it a lot

very nice!... well done and powerful image !..

Very creative. Reminds me a little of a printmaking process, or some of the older illustrations by Fred Otnes who used the photo process to great (and unique) effect back when illustration was still being used a lot. I just googled him and it looked more painterly than I remember, but that may be him going through his own evolution trying to find his place in the illustration market at the time. But I recall his stuff being very dependent on layering photo/graphic images together in very cool designs that showed a layering of the many elements within a corporate enterprise (accounting, people, machines, etc). In your case it could well be sports.

I don't know what your goals are, but corporate material, like annual reports, loved his style because it was very photographic and tastefully hand-done designed and artistic -- ie very slightly off the beaten path, yet very easy for anyone to see what they were getting at.

So if you go this route and develop your technique, you might find more than a little commercial interest in your work.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Fantastic and somehow back in the 60ies as a style ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!