Thread: Artrage iPad - chalk tool does not vary in line thicness with Wacom Thinline - 1 styl

Artrage iPad - chalk tool does not vary in line thicness with Wacom Thinline - 1 styl

Hello

I have iPad Air-1

Latest version of the Artrage for iPad.

My stylus: Wacom Thinline -1 (not the current latest one - the earlier model)

I have updated the stylus firmware through Wacom Stylus Update

I have iOS 8.xx - whatever was the last iOS 8.

I will never update it to iOS 9 for reasons of my own.

My issue:

The Chalk tool does not allow line thickness variation at different pressure levels - but it shows density varioations - lighter & darker. But the size of the chalk remains the same - does not get thinner & wider.

Is this feature not available with ArtRage for iPad or is something wrong with My settings? The feature works with oil paint.

Thanks in advance
    PRSS

We use the pressure of the stylus to vary properties of the tool that would vary with pressure in the real world. As our chalk is a firm tipped applicator the size of the stroke does not vary when you press harder, pressing harder just adjusts the amount of pigment being applied to the canvas by the stroke. As the oil brush is a soft tipped applicator the size of the application changes based on pressure so you'll see a difference in how the strokes appear.

Hope that helps explain it!

Thank you very much. That explains !
    Best regards
    PRSS