ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 5, coming soon?

ArtRage 5, coming soon?

I am reading about the ArtRage Android update coming soon. Good News! I am looking forward to that. More important to me would be a new desktop version including all exciting new functions (that I don't know of) that would beat down all other painting software. Making ArtRage the One & Only.

When will it come?
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Im wishing for it as well.. I LOVE artrage more than any application on my computer.... i would really love them if they add animation capability..

Animation! Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fakepivot View Post
    Im wishing for it as well.. I LOVE artrage more than any application on my computer.... i would really love them if they add animation capability..
    That is a dream! Animating in ArtRage..!

Clip Studio Paint just updated, and added Animation Feature, and its pretty Nice on my first try.. But sadly I like artrage More and i'm More comfortable drawing in artrage.. if they add animation feature, Boy it would mean the world to me..

Clip Studio Paint is $20 until 21 march 2016

Mic

Animation -- I hope not.

I know everyone's wishes are different, but I hope that animation does not get added, especially for the iPad version. Ambient has stated that the limitations of the iPad are preventing them bringing the iPad product up to the full capabilities of the desktop version. I would like to see it get closer, and I think maybe animation would cut into the available memory and processing. Also, I'm sure that developer resources are limited, and I would rather see them spend time improving the painting and drawing capabilities.

Unfortunately i stopped using art rage a while back. It needs to catch up in the water color, marker and oil paint area.

Water colors need to disperse like how they do in painter or rebell. Even expresii does all of that and more.

Markers need more of that copic effect. I just want to load a custom preset and do the whole copic thing without having to use other art medium tools. That makes no sense, is a waist of time and rather silly.

When i think of oils, i think i want to be like bob ross as far as the techniques are concerned. I want to take any brush tip at random and tap on a canvas, i want to take a knife and pick up some paint and spread it along the canvas then blend with a brush and or the knife without the pixel distortions along with it.

I will probably be switching between sketch book and maybe rebell. Preferably i want to use only one app instead of wasting time switching and running into other issues. I want to feel like a real artist, just use my canvas, paper or what ever and go with my tools.

Other technologies are surpassing art rage at the moment and with that, realism.

While I can't give any specifics at this point (because honestly, I don't have any dates lined up yet!), I can say that we're quite far in to development of ArtRage 5. We'll give more information as release gets closer but this isn't an announcement of anything imminent.

RE. Watercolour - Our watercolour works the way it does due to design decisions. Our goal was to produce a tool that doesn't create strokes that change after you finish the stroke, so that you can see the final result while you're painting. The medium acts wet but looks dry, which can be a bit jarring if you're expecting it to shift around and spread after you've finished a stroke but that suits our goal with the tool. That's not to say that the final result is perfect, but we specifically don't want users having to redo strokes that alter after completion.

If you'd like to drop me an email (matt@ambientdesign.com) with some specific notes on what you'd like to see in the marker feel free, I'm always happy to hear feedback on improvements we could be making to the tools!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Im very happy with your decision on the watercolor.

Mic

Animation - yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Leef View Post
    I know everyone's wishes are different, but I hope that animation does not get added, especially for the iPad version. Ambient has stated that the limitations of the iPad are preventing them bringing the iPad product up to the full capabilities of the desktop version. I would like to see it get closer, and I think maybe animation would cut into the available memory and processing. Also, I'm sure that developer resources are limited, and I would rather see them spend time improving the painting and drawing capabilities.
    The simple animation (or flipbook as they call it) in SketchBook Pro is good enough for me. But SKB does not have the painting tools that ArtRage has. Take a look at SKB simple, but quite good animation tool, and you fall in love wit it..! I was there when Amiga Deluxe Paint was around. I loved it because of the animation. I also like Clip Studio animation better and better. As well as Krita and Photoshop...while Painter really is hopeless...old and .. TVPaint is expensive...

ArtRage + animation = I would love it... because of the brushes... and the artsy looks of the art you can make...

Link to an old ArtRage video I made using ArtRage 2:https://youtu.be/4mQnop8tLD0