Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panels not closing while painting

Panels not closing while painting

I have turn on the "painting closes panels" but it doesn't close. I did reboot the system again and it still not working

I'm not able to replicate the problem you describe, the option appears to be working here. Could you let me know which panel isn't closing and what you are doing to trigger it?

Hi Matt,

I still can't close the panel while I do drawing/painting on ipad. Attached screen shot.

Using ipad Air 2 OS 10.3.2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipadair-july15-2017-a.png 
Views:	257 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	93299

Ok, so when you tap 'done' in the top right, what happens?

The side tool bar still there when I paint

Okay, I'm confused Which side tool bar, and how are you able to paint with the preferences menu open?

Are you seeing a sidebar with a list of shortcuts to other apps/another app open? That would be the iOS split screen option. You can permanently disable it under Settings > General > Multitasking (disable 'allow multiple apps')

Hi Hannah,

Sorry for not explaining clearly. Here are the snaps of the ipad version. The tool bar on the left side, can it be closed automatically while I paint?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad2-0.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	469.4 KB 
ID:	93328

Aaaah! That makes a lot more sense. Yes, you can shrink that (it should also vanish when you paint under it as well).

Tap on the current tool in the bottom left to hide the tool bar. Tap on the current color on the right to hide the color picker. Tap on the screen with three fingers to hide/show the bottom menu bar (you can hide/show each one separately).

Ok. I got that. So it still have to manually tap it. Thanks. I thought when my brush goes over the tool panel side/edge, it will just hide.

It should vanish when you actually paint underneath that area, but it will come back as soon as your brush leaves it.