Thread: Sandstorm

Sandstorm

Here's a new piece that I started today. I love these horses! I'm using the felt pen, pencil, and blender tools to create this, with a few layers to help with the blending. I still have a long way to go, and need to do some refinements on the head of the first horse. I decided not to paint these horses exactly like the reference photo, because I like to create something new and unique with my work, and give it my own personal style (I like my animals in my drawings to be fuzzy, lol). I might even change their coat colors and play around with lengthening their manes and tails, not sure yet. I envision these guys looking like a herd of wild horses, shaggy-coated, spirited, and completely untamed. I'll have to experiment and see what works best for me. Enjoy! I'm off to go paint some more

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sandstorm WIP 1.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	89277
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

What you have done so far is just beautiful. Looking forward to following your progress.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by scribbledsoul View Post
    Here's a new piece that I started today. I love these horses! I'm using the felt pen, pencil, and blender tools to create this, with a few layers to help with the blending. I still have a long way to go, and need to do some refinements on the head of the first horse. I decided not to paint these horses exactly like the reference photo, because I like to create something new and unique with my work, and give it my own personal style (I like my animals in my drawings to be fuzzy, lol). I might even change their coat colors and play around with lengthening their manes and tails, not sure yet. I envision these guys looking like a herd of wild horses, shaggy-coated, spirited, and completely untamed. I'll have to experiment and see what works best for me. Enjoy! I'm off to go paint some more

Name:	Sandstorm WIP 1.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	89277
    Wow! So awesome!

Thanks guys! I will have another update soon
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Here's an update. I will sketch out the other horses and figure out their coat colors before I touch up the first one. I love how this is turning out!

Name:	Sandstorm WIP 2.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	89299

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Okay, don't judge this next horse just yet. I'm still experimenting with the color, and I have only added the hair texture on the head, neck, and part of the chest/shoulder. I also haven't finished with the eye and shaping the nostrils. It still has a long way to go. I'm not sure if I like it or not; it's definitely different, and it is actually a color that appears in horses (rarely). I guess I'll just keep going and see what works in the end.

Name:	Sandstorm WIP 3.JPG 
Views:	278 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	89303

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Wow

How long have U been using AR? and how did U do this awesome piece?I can't even stay inside the lines of a simple apple. Very nice.

Thumbs up Wow

You work with the fur impression is awesome. The colors too!

I'll keep following this post!

Since 1974 mixing cachaça, sugar and ice to the lemons life gives to me.