Thread: Freeform select

Freeform select

My first time using artrage and I can't find a freeform select, or any shape select tools. I understand they're supposed to be in Settings, but they're not as far as I can find.

Are you using the iPad app? (as you've posted in the iPad section). The mobile apps don't have any selection tools, only the desktop programs. The different selection options show up in different combinations some of the desktop programs as well, so it helps to know what version you have.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Are you using the iPad app? (as you've posted in the iPad section). The mobile apps don't have any selection tools, only the desktop programs. The different selection options show up in different combinations some of the desktop programs as well, so it helps to know what version you have.
    It is the iPad app. Seems to be version 2.1.3. Darn. So I just spent 5 bucks on an app I can't use.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMole View Post
    It is the iPad app. Seems to be version 2.1.3. Darn. So I just spent 5 bucks on an app I can't use.
    Sorry to hear that. You might be able to get a refund via iTunes, but we don't have any control over the store end. The app does offer some unique natural media tools, and you can import/export images from elsewhere, so you might find it's still useful for some things.

There's an overview of the different features in the various editions here: https://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Sorry to hear that. You might be able to get a refund via iTunes, but we don't have any control over the store end. The app does offer some unique natural media tools, and you can import/export images from elsewhere, so you might find it's still useful for some things.

There's an overview of the different features in the various editions here: https://www.artrage.com/product-comparison/
    It's only 5 bucks. It does look like a good app, and I'll play with it, but for the art I'm doing now the freeform select (lasso) tool is necessary. And it's strange how few iPad apps have it. Actually, I've only found one. And it seems like a fairly basic tool.

There are some features that don't play well with the iOS environment, for coding or memory reasons, unfortunately.