Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
Please don't be deflated - it's a beautiful painting of a very beautiful animal. As you are new to ArtRage and it's tools, you have done a commendable job with this painting. I look forward to seeing more from you.

EDIT: I found the picture you used as a reference and your painting is very close to the reference photo - including the 'blackness' - perhaps blend the area where the foreleg attaches to the chest - there seems to be a division/line that doesn't appear in the photo and wouldn't be there in real life. I think the Friesian stallion's neck looks a little overdeveloped because we can't see his thick wavy mane. A little more work on the mane would improve that part of the painting. You captured the likeness very well.

BTW - here is a link to the photographer's site - http://hypofocus.com/index.html You asked about copyright in another post. As the photographer sells stock photos of horses and has also published a book of her horse photos - this photo would be copyright protected - you could contact her and ask permission to use her photos as references for paintings.
Thank you so much...I will persevere and all the tips I'm getting here are very useful. I will work on the suggestions I have been given. Thank you so much for you