Thread: Horse on the Beach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Horse on the Beach

Hi
    Just beginning in ArtRage.This is a copy of a photo I found on Facebook. I cannot give credit to the photographer as I have not been able to find the post again, but it was not copyrighted or watermarked.
    Gentle but honest critique would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Horse.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	89214  

Excellent work! My only suggestion is to lift out some more of the 3d form and details of the horse with a little more light in areas which are lit by the sun, leaving only those areas in total shadow as pitch black.

Currently, too much of this gorgeous horse, the muscles, the hair, is hiding in the absolute blackness, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOwnt View Post
    Excellent work! My only suggestion is to lift out some more of the 3d form and details of the horse with a little more light in areas which are lit by the sun, leaving only those areas in total shadow as pitch black.

Currently, too much of this gorgeous horse, the muscles, the hair, is hiding in the absolute blackness, so to speak.
    Thanks..will work on it.

To clarify and summarize:

I like what I see... and I want to see more!

Lovely job on this, Patty!

My suggestion would be to have another look at the front leg on our right, that it comes out of the body much like the other front leg.

Keep going, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by hildee View Post
    Lovely job on this, Patty!

My suggestion would be to have another look at the front leg on our right, that it comes out of the body much like the other front leg.

Keep going, great work!
    Thanks for this.... it's funny you finish your picture and think everything is fine and then when others point out things you can immediately see what they mean!

Quote Originally Posted by pattyedge View Post
    Hi
    Just beginning in ArtRage.This is a copy of a photo I found on Facebook. I cannot give credit to the photographer as I have not been able to find the post again, but it was not copyrighted or watermarked.
    Gentle but honest critique would be appreciated.
    You start with a really difficult painting..But You're on your way.. Get the value right,and the painting will look better also. Easy sade and done.. I know. A great painting takes alot of time. But that Doesn't matter.. No rush..I watch alot of YouTube videos and learned somethings from it.The timelapse videos on YouTube are abit misleading also..Looks to easy. Take your time,and enjoy the process. You are doing well allready :-)