Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage course?

ArtRage course?

Hi

I am fairly new to Atrage having come from a background of traditional art, watercolours and watercolour pencils etc.and have been scouring the internet and this site's tutorial page for tutorials and courses. I have found lots on how to use the individual features in ArtRage and they have been fantastic and I know I have to play around and try things...but then I found 2 video tutorials I absolutely loved. Victor Osaka's, on how to draw hair and Someonesanes "into the stars" and I absolutely loved the way they took you step by step through the stages and came out (in the case of someone sane) with a finished project. I have watched several speed paintings in awe, but didn't really understand why things were being done and looked at lots of pdf tutorials, but the video tutorials were brilliant because I could not only see what was being done in real time, but also understood why and could follow along and come out with a pretty good result. I have then been able to apply those principals to other projects.

I would love it if someone could do a video course starting with simple projects and getting more adventurous as the course progressed. I would definitely pay for something like that! I tried to pm Someonesane but as a newbie don't have acess to do that yet.

If anyone knows of such a course would love to hear about it. Thanks
    Last edited by pattyedge; 02-24-2016 at 03:16 PM.

Both the people you mentioned have actually created courses! They're on tutorial sites, so you need a membership to view them, but they're very good courses.

Go to https://www.artrage.com/tutorials/ and look under the 'ArtRage 4' section for a list of links (if you've looked at it before, I'm just reorganising it so it's easier to browse).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Both the people you mentioned have actually created courses! They're on tutorial sites, so you need a membership to view them, but they're very good courses.

Go to https://www.artrage.com/tutorials/ and look under the 'ArtRage 4' section for a list of links (if you've looked at it before, I'm just reorganising it so it's easier to browse).
    Unfortunately the course by Someonesane is still more about the individual brushes etc,so too is Victors " Introduction to ArtRage". I was hoping for something more like a series of videos like the "into the stars video" which used the techniques to develop a specific project. I will check out Victors "Painting a portrait" course though...thanks.
    Last edited by pattyedge; 02-24-2016 at 08:54 PM.

why don't you type in YT "artrage" and i think you gone be surprised

More advanced Artrage Courses

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    why don't you type in YT "artrage" and i think you gone be surprised
    Thanks Rondo...I have been trawling you tube, but there are so many "how to use individual aspects" either as single videos or as courses (theatre professor, lynda.com pluralsight etc) and so many "speed paintings" but no proper courses that gradually build up your skills and take you through from beginners projects to advanced projects in sequence...or at least I haven't found them. I have found some useful individual videos about procreate and photoshop and have been able to translate some of them for use in Artrage but I just thought it would be really great if there was a series dedicated to Artrage beyond the "how to use the programme"... as I said...I absolutely loved Someonesanes "into the stars video"...hint hint. I cannot contact Someonesane to ask if they could do more like that video...but if anyone can...it would be much appreciated! I was kind of hoping they might read this post!

A lot of 'general' painting tutorials, both digital and traditional, apply very well to ArtRage, once you are familiar enough with the program to translate the steps across. There are a lot of one off courses and tutorials around, but most of the courses are aimed more at explaining how the tools work.

We are working on getting a few more painting tutorials up on the site, though.

Smile Looking forward to them :)

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    A lot of 'general' painting tutorials, both digital and traditional, apply very well to ArtRage, once you are familiar enough with the program to translate the steps across. There are a lot of one off courses and tutorials around, but most of the courses are aimed more at explaining how the tools work.

We are working on getting a few more painting tutorials up on the site, though.
    Thanks...really looking forward to it as it seems that there is so much more you can do with ArtRage than just regular painting.

Quote Originally Posted by pattyedge View Post
    I absolutely loved Someonesanes "into the stars video"...hint hint. I cannot contact Someonesane to ask if they could do more like that video...but if anyone can...it would be much appreciated! I was kind of hoping they might read this post!
    Hi Pattyedge,

I'm glad you enjoyed my video and thanks for checking out my tutorials on Lynda.com! Hint's noted, but I can't make any promises. I'm currently being kept fairly busy with a day to day job and getting my creativity flowing after a long day of reading fine print contracts isn't always easy, lol. However... If you have some specific ideas in mind for tutorials you'd like to see, please note them here (my Into the Stars video, for example, was a direct result of someone asking how they could use ArtRage to achieve a specific artists style; so if you've something like that, it may help to mention it).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Hi Pattyedge,

I'm glad you enjoyed my video and thanks for checking out my tutorials on Lynda.com! Hint's noted, but I can't make any promises. I'm currently being kept fairly busy with a day to day job and getting my creativity flowing after a long day of reading fine print contracts isn't always easy, lol. However... If you have some specific ideas in mind for tutorials you'd like to see, please note them here (my Into the Stars video, for example, was a direct result of someone asking how they could use ArtRage to achieve a specific artists style; so if you've something like that, it may help to mention it).
    Wow...thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post. I will have a think and post here if there is something specific I can think of....I appreciate that you are very busy and it may not be possible to do anything in the near future. I think I was just so pleased with your "Into the Stars" tutorial because it was a way of using textures etc that I would not have thought of. I also enjoyed your Lynda.com course which really got me started in ArtRage.

If you do find the time to do a more advanced course in ArtRage..please post in the forums as I shall be eagerly looking out for them. I shall now put my thinking cap on.......

suggestion for Someonesane

As a beginner,painting within the lines,then blending, just to do something simple i.e.: an apple or a flowers petal and stem.