Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ocean Wave

Ocean Wave

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I'm new to painting of any kind and this is my first attempt with Artrage.

Any comments are most welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm - Copy.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	89092

Welcome! You certainly didn't start with the easiest subject, unless this is a copy from another painting or a picture .... Nice colors and movement!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you for the welcome and the kind comment.

I had no reference for this. It's just a made up scene.

I had no idea it would be regarded as a challenging scene.

Thanks again.

Yeah, welcome!

I can feel the explosion of the waves as they hit the rocks, the sound and smells. Lots of movement.

Cool!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love it :D

This is awesome, I one day hope to be able to paint pictures like this just off the top of my head, I am possibly as green as they come when it comes to painting, my first jaunt in the world of painting was 9 years ago when I was 27 and after being frustrated by the results I was getting from airbrushing and not having the money to to be able to afford the equipment I needed to achieve the results I wanted, I thought since I already had the watercolour paints there (student grade) that I would try my hand at watercolour painting, my initial attempts were also somewhat disappointing, but in this case I was able to afford artist grade paints, paper and brushes, I completed 2 A4 sized landscape paintings, one I gave to a girlfriend and 1 sold for $100 on a local auction site, not long after I split up with my girlfriend and I lost my motivation.

Until recently I didn't think I would want to paint again, then 1 day as I already had an android tablet I downloaded the ArtRage app and played with that and didn't think much of it and only until a couple of weeks after that I realised that there was a PC version of the app, I watched a guy by the name of TNARTIST on Youtube, do a speed painting of a stormy ocean scene, which I attempted to duplicate (my very first completed picture in AR4 Demo) then based on the comments and suggestions of peers and family I reworked my picture, twice, but didn't complete it as such, but here are my first 3 attempts at using ArtRage 4 Demo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCEAN 2.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	89168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delete this 2.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	89169Name:  wave edit 5.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  39.4 KB

The order in which they appear is the order in which I did them, the last one was reworked on my Android tablet during a lunch break at work and as a result I didn't realise until later that there are random smears and lines that I'm not sure I can get rid of so easily, which isn't too bad because I need to duplicate the water effect on my original file on AR 4.5 anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delete this.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	142.7 KB 
ID:	89170  
    Last edited by Deceptikron_NZ; 02-25-2016 at 07:27 PM.

What settings did you use to get the colours to not all blend together?

Great first painting, keep it up and welcome

Thanks very much for all the kind, encouraging comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptikron_NZ View Post
    What settings did you use to get the colours to not all blend together?
    Where I thought that would be a problem, the breaking wave on the rocks for example, I just used different layers.

I hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by simon ess View Post
    Where I thought that would be a problem, the breaking wave on the rocks for example, I just used different layers.

I hope that helps.
    Did you use oil? which brush settings?

I am still playing around with AR and experimenting to what it can do