Thread: lag when painting

lag when painting

Hi, I have Artrage 4 and am running Mac OS X 10.11.1. I've got a Wacom Intuos4 with the newest driver.

Lag is awful, and I don't seem to have a lot of control of the brushes or pencils. Sometimes when I stop the line continues on the paper for a while. This is the first that I've had this problem...but I haven't used the program for a while.

Thanks for any suggestions that you can give

Hello eaten_by_a_grue and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Not seeing any lag here on my Mac.
    Can I ask which version of AR you are running? The latest AR version is 4.5.9 and can be downloaded from the Members Area where you originally registered your copy of AR.
    The latest Wacom Intuos4 driver is 6.3.15-3.
    Are these both what you are using?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

I'm running 4.5.2 and my Wacom driver is 6.3.15-3. I'll head over and see if I can get the AR upgrade. Thanks, I hope this fixes the problem!

When my tools were lagging, it turned out that two different input devices had been selected. (cat on keyboard error). Installing the newest form of ArtRage will probably fix everything, but if it doesn't, find out what your cat has been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by eaten_by_a_grue View Post
    I'm running 4.5.2 and my Wacom driver is 6.3.15-3. I'll head over and see if I can get the AR upgrade. Thanks, I hope this fixes the problem!
    Yup, that will be it. That version is older than OS 10.11, so doesn't include any of the compatibility fixes we added for it.

Hello All
    It's my first post on this forum, so i have hope i dont make mess here :) . I have Lag problem too. In January I bought a Cintiq 27qhd, from that day I run a war with Wacom drivers with my OS my PC.
    On begining I tested all Wacom drivers and the best one is 6.3.11w3 (yeap). All drivers have lag problem. But 6.3.11w3 is perfekt everything is working as it should (there was another wacom problems). I have Win 8.1. I make format and install only nvidia drivers wacom and ART 4.5 demo. Do it the same on Win 10. Every time after about 4 minutes Lag appears. Its look strange but when I switched to laptop where is win 7 everything is working (but when I install windows 10 its laggy again). I'm exhausted, I ran out of ideas. What is "#funny" i have ArtRage 2.6 full and its run like stupid there is no problem. There is no problem at any of the configurations. I'd like to buy AR 4,5 because is awesome, but "I crying tears" :) because there is annoying lag. I'm forget
    I have Bamboo pen and this tablet don't have this lag problem. Lag apears only in Artrage 4.5 demo. Corel Draw Gimp ms Paint everything is working, but corel gimp and others program are not so cute like AR ;(. Please heeelp

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Hello All
    It's my first post on this forum, so i have hope i dont make mess here . I have Lag problem too. In January I bought a Cintiq 27qhd, from that day I run a war with Wacom drivers with my OS my PC.
    On begining I tested all Wacom drivers and the best one is 6.3.11w3 (yeap). All drivers have lag problem. But 6.3.11w3 is perfekt everything is working as it should (there was another wacom problems). I have Win 8.1. I make format and install only nvidia drivers wacom and ART 4.5 demo. Do it the same on Win 10. Every time after about 4 minutes Lag appears. Its look strange but when I switched to laptop where is win 7 everything is working (but when I install windows 10 its laggy again). I'm exhausted, I ran out of ideas. What is "#funny" i have ArtRage 2.6 full and its run like stupid there is no problem. There is no problem at any of the configurations. I'd like to buy AR 4,5 because is awesome, but "I crying tears" because there is annoying lag. I'm forget
    I have Bamboo pen and this tablet don't have this lag problem. Lag apears only in Artrage 4.5 demo. Corel Draw Gimp ms Paint everything is working, but corel gimp and others program are not so cute like AR ;(. Please heeelp

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems and welcome to the forum. Normally, you can start an entirely new thread to avoid things getting confused. You can also email us directly for help at [email protected], which you should do if we can't solve this quickly.

The first thing to try is to go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device and disable Wintab, Precise Tablet and RealTime Stylus, then restart ArtRage.

This will disable the pressure sensitivity and other driver input, but the lag should vanish. If the lag does NOT vanish, this is a different problem, so you can ignore the next steps. We will need to do some further troubleshooting (the fact that it doesn't show up immediately may mean you have a memory problem or something similar on your device, completely unrelated to your drivers).

If the lag DOES vanish, then go back into those settings and enable RealTime Stylus, then restart ArtRage.
    If that doesn't work properly, disable it again, and enable Wintab instead.

(ArtRage - unlike a lot of programs - supports both types at the same time, which means that sometimes corrupt drivers can cause problems that don't show up in other programs).

If neither of those fix the problem, you may have a different and more complicated issue, so contact us directly at [email protected] (just let us know that this post was from you).

Hello Angel and You forum users :)
    It's end of my problem. For first I send message via ArtRage.com support and I don't get any respond :) that was week ago. Any way i feel embarassed that i don't got the idea that it might make the problem. So BIG FACEPALM :) . Now I use only Stylus realtime option and it Fix my annoying problem.

THANK Yoooouuu XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    DUKE also called the Sław

PS
    Now i can go to buy full program :D wiiiiiiihaaaa

Happy to hear that it's working for you now!

I'm sorry that you didn't receive a response when you tried to contact us earlier, that's definitely not normal.

Could you email us at [email protected] and let us know how you tried to contact us ( which page you used on our website ) and the email address you entered at the time?

We'd just like to check this in case there was a problem with the website.