Thread: 1492 - Conquest of Paradise

1492 - Conquest of Paradise

Was up late the other night listening to the awesome Vangelis soundtrack for 1492: Conquest of Paradise and figured I'd fire up ARTRAGE. Its such a fun program to paint with. Anyway, hope you enjoy the image as much as I did while painting it. Thanks for the look!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1492.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	89066
    Last edited by faceless; 02-14-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Yep Smashing Faceless only wish I could do them like you !! CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE....................POZDRAWSKI

Thank you for the comments gents!

Considering the dramatic and low-key palette, I'd say that's more an Inferno than a Paradiso, powerfully describing the riverbank of some infernal river, with the boat of Charon far away in the waters ...
    An impressive painting, hjghly moody!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Considering the dramatic and low-key palette, I'd say that's more an Inferno than a Paradiso, powerfully describing the riverbank of some infernal river, with the boat of Charon far away in the waters ...
    An impressive painting, hjghly moody!
    That is def. the vibe, good description. The movie itself is sort of the same dichotomy "Conquest of Paradise" made me think similar; beautiful surroundings but the ship brings calamity and destruction both figuratively and literally to what is otherwise a paradise.

Brilliant and explosive. Love the drama of the colors and strokes with you picking up some details to tell the tale.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream