Thread: Lake Mill 4

Lake Mill 4

Keeping away from sea scenery and pirates, here's a countryside scene of a Watermill which uses a stream falling into a lake to power the millwheel.. Decided to put in a little more detail than I normally do to try to make it more interesting to look at... Hope you like the picture...Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake Mill 4.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	483.5 KB 
ID:	89036  
    Last edited by jacktar51; 02-11-2016 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Update Picture
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

So you're turning into a Flemmish painter, is it, Mr Tar? Look at all that great detail. Wonderful colors and diffuse lighting. Warm. Idyllic. I think the pirates be lookin' fer a place like this ta hide outs. . .

Great job!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    So you're turning into a Flemmish painter, is it, Mr Tar? Look at all that great detail. Wonderful colors and diffuse lighting. Warm. Idyllic. I think the pirates be lookin' fer a place like this ta hide outs. . .

Great job!

Mr D Akey... Hello D, Pleased to see you, thanks for the comment, I haven't done one with lots of detail for sometime really, probably since the Admiral Benbow times we had with all the others, miss those times.
    I have another version with a little more detail,( I added a house in the background mist), The more I do though the more I want to do....Compulsive painting it is I'll warrant, Ahar!!!
    Thanks for replying D great to see you on here, thanks for all your help in the past, I believe your advice all the way along has helped me to become a better painter, all the best.....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watermill 5.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	484.8 KB 
ID:	89037  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

a beautiful and very accomplished work Jack. I had to view this in a new window so I could really zoom in to see the fine details... really remarkable work..

I love the colours and the detail - right down to the notices on the notice board! How long would it take you to paint something like this?
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Great work and so much detail. The landscape is stunning!