Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skin-Skunk Anansie-Done

Skin-Skunk Anansie-Done

Attachment 89038 dannykohn.deviantart.com
    Last edited by danny72; 02-12-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Like I said before - great caricature and perfect painting in the figure.

I might suggest that your blurring of the background is pulling too much attention to itself. Your edges kind of blur kind of don't and so since the background and head are painted very differently, that particular contrast is calling too much attention to itself and becomes a little like a depth perception issue.

if you're going to keep that background as is, with the style you're doing, you might want to try -- and I mean test it out to see -- what it looks like with a clean separation between figure and background. I don't think the background effect is necessarily worth it. Also that white on white feels somewhat like looking into a light source to my eye because of the bleeding of the background onto the skin as with a lighting effect.

But that figure is really great. Be sure to own the entire painting and not just put something in as filler.

Personal opinion only.

Really terrific figure as I said.

Last edited by D Akey; 02-10-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

I might suggest that your blurring of the background is pulling too much attention to itself. Your edges kind of blur kind of don't and so since the background and head are painted very differently, that particular contrast is calling too much attention to itself and becomes a little like a depth perception issue.

if you're going to keep that background as is, with the style you're doing, you might want to try -- and I mean test it out to see -- what it looks like with a clean separation between figure and background. I don't think the background effect is necessarily worth it. Also that white on white feels somewhat like looking into a light source to my eye because of the bleeding of the background onto the skin as with a lighting effect.

But that figure is really great. Be sure to own the entire painting and not just put something in as filler.

Personal opinion only.

You are right about the background.. I didn't put some effert in the background yet. I painted the hole thing on just one layer. My reference background was white.. So i just painted away the Brown start background.. I'm going to work a little more on that part of the painting later :-) And by the way i didn't blur the background.. just paint it with the airbrush ;-)
    Last edited by danny72; 02-11-2016 at 12:52 AM.

WOW! Extraordinary outcome once more!
    This time I know of her just because she took part to a talent show in here and she was in the evaluating panel and I crossed that channel a few times. On some article I understood she's a song star and that she was gentle and kind towards people she supported. She apparently had quite a few moments of difficulty using Italian effectively enough (good for some extra fun) and she certainly looks a little droll, but everybody liked her as a "big-hearted", good girl.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    WOW! Extraordinary outcome once more!
    This time I know of her just because she took part to a talent show in here and she was in the evaluating panel and I crossed that channel a few times. On some article I understood she's a song star and that she was gentle and kind towards people she supported. She apparently had quite a few moments of difficulty using Italian effectively enough (good for some extra fun) and she certainly looks a little droll, but everybody liked her as a "big-hearted", good girl.
    Thank you!!!!... I have a dvd at home with Skunk anansie live in London.. She seems to be very gentel..

Your character caricatures always look so realistic - you are very talented.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Your character caricatures always look so realistic - you are very talented.
    Thanks Enug!! :-)

Personal opinion only.

now i change it... :-)

So much better. Don't you agree? Everything's working now. Bravo!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

So much better. Don't you agree? Everything's working now. Bravo!

You where so right. Looks better.. sometime you get so blind,so it's hard to see whats wrong.. Thanks you! :-)