Thread: Welcome to the Technical Forum!

Welcome to the Technical Forum!

This forum is for posting and discussing technical issues, such as hardware or operating system related issues. Feel free to post questions (or answers, if you have them).

You can still contact us for support, this forum is a secondary resource and over time we'll be adding notes here on technical issues so that you can find them easily. If you want to contact us directly, use the Support Page.

Before posting a question here, please check out the ArtRage FAQ to see if it has already been answered. If you don't find an answer to your question there, please be sure to include the following details in your post here:

• 1. Which version number of ArtRage you are using (you can find out by opening the About Box in ArtRage, or looking at the application information if it won't open).
    • 2. Whether you are using the Free version or the Full version.
    • 3. Which operating system you are using.
    • 4. What input device you are using (such as the manufacturer and model of your graphics tablet).

We'll be reviewing the forums, but if you find you don't get an answer, please contact us directly.

Hi,
    When i try and upload something to a forum it won't do it.
    I have tried lots of times but it just takes ages then says
    "this file type cannot be accepted."
    but i paint everything on artrage 2/2.5...
    the file type is "Artrage Painting(*.ptg)"
    i havent set it to this, and i cannot change it when i say "save as".
    Please help!!!

Hello,

within ArtRage itself, instead of Saving As (which allows you to rename your painting - such as xxx_base_color.ptg, or xxx_version1.ptg) try

Export as Image - then choose the .jpeg format. Might also be .jpg.

JPEG's are compressed images very suited for display over the internet.

You could also export as a .psd, which is the Photoshop format. You would then convert your image to .jpg in Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro, GIMP, or several other image editing programs. It's also easy to resize the picture, adjust the colors, and control the compression when doing the conversion within one of these programs.

A .jpg file should post to the forums just fine.

Good luck.

Talking Thankyou!!

Thankyou!! Now I can uplload stuff! (and I do!!)

Thanks!!
    --The best things in life happen with our eyes closed.--
    ~
    Iceyfires~

File size

I have just begun using artrage on an iPad. The files are small (225 kb). If I want to make a large print I will need higher res files. Anyway to accomplish this?

Hi Glenn, welcome to the forums. I just received your email on this and have sent you a reply. If you have any further questions, feel free to email me back or post a thread on the Technical forum and we'll be happy to help.