Thread: importing PSD issues

importing PSD issues

hi everyone, I am using Artrage 4 in Mac OS, when i import a psd file which exported in photoshop, the psd file is opened fine in the artrage window, but when i paint it with the brush, it does change to a strange shape and pattern. The brush works fine before i import the psd image in it. I am sure that the brush detail and setting remain the same. How come the brush changes after i imported the psd image file. PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello hireshk and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    I’m not sure if I have understood your description correctly I’m afraid.
    But here goes…
    What I suspect is happening is that you are painting on a totally smooth canvas after opening the PSD.
    With the PSD file open go to; View > 'Canvas Settings' and in the window that opens, left click where the canvas thumbnail is and from the pop-up menu select your desired canvas.
    Next also check each layer to make sure that they are set to; ‘Use Canvas Texture’.
    To do this click in the bottom right corner of a layers thumbnail in the layers stack and from the pop-up menu choose ‘Edit Layer Texture…’ Once done click the bottom right square with the tick in it to save and close the window.

ArtRage uses an “active” texture which the brushes can interact with which is something not done in Photoshop or similar apps, so if you are handing files back and forth between these apps do bear in mind this canvas info will get lost.
    AR’s .ptg file format is the only format that can keep all of a painting’s attributes, like canvas texture, paint wetness, thickness, etc…

If the above is not the cause, maybe you could give some more info about the problem.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

import psd issues

problem sovled. Thanks for your solution and it does work. Thank you so much.^^