ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablet works with some tools, but not others (Wine Linux)

Gallery
    View images

Tablet works with some tools, but not others (Wine Linux)

Heyas,

Well, came across my first major issue using ArtRage with wine. It seems two of the tools, Glitter and Airbrush, don't work with the tablet. The cursor will indeed move around the page, but no lines appear. Strangely, they both work with the mouse, but because of that, there's no pressure sensitivity. The other tools work perfectly, though.

Was wondering if any of the good folks here have had any experiences similar to mine, and if so, what I can possibly do to make things work right. I don't particularly want to start buggering up my xorg file without really knowing what I'm aiming for.

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    Both those tools support 'tilt' (and rotation) of the tablet stylus. If your drivers are returning wildly different values from expected, I guess there is a chance it would be breaking the tools.
    If there is a way to either make tablet 'tilt' support work with Wine, or to disable it entirely, then that may help
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, I think I see , aye.

I've also done a bit of searching around the 'net, and found that the Graphire doesn't, unfortunately, have the "tilt" abilities, cheap thing that it is. (Though not exactly cheap when I bought it.)

I'm guessing most folks are using the Intuos, which supports tilt and rotation. Right now, though, I'm not sure what I can do to make those two tools work with the tablet. I tried the "Option "Tilt" "off"" in xorg, but that only really works if you have tilt to begin with.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBadger
    Ah, I think I see , aye.

I've also done a bit of searching around the 'net, and found that the Graphire doesn't, unfortunately, have the "tilt" abilities, cheap thing that it is. (Though not exactly cheap when I bought it.)

I'm guessing most folks are using the Intuos, which supports tilt and rotation. Right now, though, I'm not sure what I can do to make those two tools work with the tablet. I tried the "Option "Tilt" "off"" in xorg, but that only really works if you have tilt to begin with.
    Have you tried googling the wacom on linux HOWTO?

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Improv
    Have you tried googling the wacom on linux HOWTO?
    Yep yep, I've gone through a few so far, and must say, it's good I bothered how to use VI in the linux command line, 'cause I've messed up my xorg a few times, now.

Gallery
    View images
    Huh, well I just installed ArtRage on my main machine, (I had been running it on an old Eurocom laptop from 2001), and now it works perfectly.

Same OS, same Wacom, same Wacom drivers, same version of wine and crossover, etc. Maybe it just didn't like the system, I don't know.

Gallery
    View images
    Try adding :
    Code:
      Option        "ButtonsOnly"   "on"
    To your xorg.conf "pad" section.
    It did the trick for me (Graphire4)

Is there pressure sensitivity for Finepoint systems (Gateway CX210S)?

Gallery
    View images
    I'm pretty sure there is no pressure sensitivity to be found with gateway models. It's been a few weeks since I last checked so something new could have come along, but I doubt it.
    Lead Concept Artist - NDS Denmark
    Illustrator
    www.petervillumsen.com

It's there. You can see it in Windows Journal. It's nowhere near as sensitive as Wacom products, but it's there.

Hey, Artrage team... I don't know what deal you've got with Gateway now, since the free version of Artrage came with my tablet, but I would think you could work with them or Finepoint to figure out some pressure sensitivity programming for your most excellent program. Righteous.