ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Text Transformation

Question Text Transformation

Is it possible to do curved text like in this picture? I've tried using the transform tool, but it seems to only let me scale or rotate it.

Name:  TO2cZ.png
Views: 421
Size:  17.3 KB

There isn't an easy 'curve text/object' option.

For slightly related stuff:

- If you're using ArtRage 4, the Transform tool has two other modes: Perspective and Non-Uniform. They'll let you stretch and rearrange the transformed area, but they won't let you curve it easily.

- You have to flatten the text layer to paint to use most tools on the text and other transform modes
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thanks for the reply, I didn't really understand what the "flatten to paint" option meant, so I've never tried it. But I'll give that a go!

EDIT: Just had a play with the transform tool, can you only move corners? Or is there a way to add an anchor point to the middle of a side?
    Last edited by Fizzgig; 01-21-2016 at 05:22 AM.

Just corners, I'm afraid.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

When I have a small word or phrase I put each letter on a different layer and arrange them. However, with a lot of text to shape I think you can export a text layer to GIMP for roundness and then import the layer back into your ArtRage painting for beauty. I know that I've done this once long ago with GIMP, so I'm assuming it's still part of their program. I don't remember how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sueellen View Post
    When I have a small word or phrase I put each letter on a different layer and arrange them. However, with a lot of text to shape I think you can export a text layer to GIMP for roundness and then import the layer back into your ArtRage painting for beauty. I know that I've done this once long ago with GIMP, so I'm assuming it's still part of their program. I don't remember how to do it.
    Thanks for the tips, I was wondering about using GIMP for the text, but I didn't realise that you could export and import layers. I'm still fairly new to this program!