ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Menu bar

Menu bar

Sorry this is going to seem very basic! Just got Artrage for iPad air. Manual says there should be menu bar at the top of the screen. I've looked further and evidently this does not apply to the iPad. At the moment I don't even know how to close the programme down. There is no ? In the middle of the bottom bar as is stated in some online discussions of this issue. From a confused Brit.

Are you looking at a manual online? It's probably referring to the desktop edition, which has a different layout. The iPad app will have the menu bar at the bottom of the screen, with the 'main menu' button right in the middle (the ArtRage icon).

This section of the online manual deals with the iPad app: https://www.artrage.com/manuals/artr.../artrage-ipad/
    (All the iPad pages will say 'ArtRage for iPad' in the title).

To close your app, you just hit your iPad home button to switch out of it. To forcibly shut it down, double tap the home button to get the list of 'background' apps, then swipe it up off the top of the screen with two fingers. Forcibly closing it this way will interrupt anything it's doing, like saving, and you don't usually need to shut it down as it's inactive (when not saving!), but you can do it quite easily. This is all standard for iOS apps - none will have a 'close app' option.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!