Thread: Pilbara #1

Pilbara #1

I really love the vivid colours of this NW region of Australia and may paint more, hence I named this one #1!

Name:  PILBARA 01-web.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  91.0 KB
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Terrific tree and scene, June

Lovely arid scene, and congratulations for having a whole Aaron Rutten youtube video dedicated to you!

I immediately felt thirsty in front of this sight! Quite appropriate also for a western scenario ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very outback! Sometimes you may wan to try forcing the ground to express distance and depth using tricks, whether there in the photo or not. Example would be turning the form ever so slightly as it rolls away picking up a little sky color and value just a tad, and throwing in a foreground element that is handled a wee bit differently than the middle and distance that gives the clue that there's depth. That kind of stuff is available in your artist's vocabulary as you describe to us a scene. The outback artist's didgeridoos and don'ts.

Very cool though. Tells a story from the elements you chose to include -- the color of the earth, that scraggly tree and all. I can almost expect a roo to come bounding over the horizon.

That isn't one of the places that suffered a fire? It doesn't exactly look like it did since there are wood posts looking fine. We get scorched black manzanitas sticking up like frozen lightning bolts out here after a brush fire when everything else has been burnt off. The quicker growing brush comes back but there's still telltale indications that there was a fire by the black trees.

Anyway, welcome back. Hope your computer's working as you desire finally.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-20-2016 at 03:52 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks Jean - I was trying to make the tree the focal point.

James, I didn't know the video had been posted - Aaron had asked me if he could use the images to promote his tutorials - ArtRage got a plug too!

Dear Caesar I'm sure there's a billabong just down the track where you can quench your thirst,

Dear DA - Thanks for your suggestions I will try to bear this in mind and use more artistic licence when using photo ref.

The Pilbara region is vast and quite thinly populated so unless fires threaten townships or conservation areas they are often left to burn themselves out - the fires can burn for months if they don't get rain on them.

With the purchase of a new computer my tech problems seem to be over for now. However, I hate to give up on the AIO and managed to get it up and running and even managed to use the touch screen to paint directly on the screen instead of using a drawing tablet. But that was short-lived and it's now just sitting there looking too pretty to throw away. I've learnt a lot in the process but seem to have gone as far as I can go on my own without throwing more money at it.

I lost a bit of my artistic mojo during this time.
    Last edited by Enug; 01-20-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

looks like a beautiful desert spot with the red soil, and sparse vegetation .... glad you got your computer issues sorted... now you can get back to the real work ..