ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Writing in the Skies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Writing in the Skies

    Layers and Layers and Layers to build up this texture and density of form and color... moving out of the dark and moody days of winter, with a bright and clear sunny day today..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Writing in the Skies.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	88729  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    It's a fine "How do you do." Leroy Neiman meets Jackson Pollack.

    Tripping the light fantastic through the mid-later 20th century.

    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    The bright blue sky shining through

    It hardly ever seems like real winter here since there are always flowers blooming. The winter pansies are planted everywhere and the Camelias never stop. After living in Rocester, NY for so many years though I know what it is like to welcome spring. Your exuberant painting reminds me of that joy!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    So this is a smokey airplane painting!? You certainly have a high flight skill to make these wonderful manoeuvres, evolutions and stunts ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    It's a fine "How do you do." Leroy Neiman meets Jackson Pollack.

    Tripping the light fantastic through the mid-later 20th century.

    Hey excellent analogy I can really see the alternative title to this is Pollack meets Neiman for coffee...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It hardly ever seems like real winter here since there are always flowers blooming. The winter pansies are planted everywhere and the Camelias never stop. After living in Rocester, NY for so many years though I know what it is like to welcome spring. Your exuberant painting reminds me of that joy!
    sounds delightful Marilyn Anne did your husband work for IBM? or the university?....

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    So this is a smokey airplane painting!? You certainly have a high flight skill to make these wonderful manoeuvres, evolutions and stunts ....
    LOL you got the double entendre meaning here....I should have known...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •