ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wind Tower

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Wind Tower

    to catch the breeze and funnel the cooling air .. hot color slowing cooling down..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wind tower.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	495.0 KB 
ID:	88713  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    I feel like I'm in the center of a cubist's cyclone looking up through the middle. Lots and lots of wild movement contained within the energy frame as looking up the center of a regular tubular tornado. I love it. So very dynamic, and so changed but still holding to the theme. Very cool. Billions and billions (as Carl Sagan used to say) of picture frames -- and now I'm getting a black hole effect where they paintings are being torn loose from the frames and brought back to the undifferentiated source to be called up again by some artist or other in an alternate universe. . . the second stringers or third. . . even 18th? Have they come up with how many strings constitute a string theory? Anyway, that.

    I'm crazy about the design, colors and shapes and marks.

    Last edited by D Akey; 01-10-2016 at 11:32 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Love the acid colors on this one, what a trip
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Love all the colors

    I like the way everything is fitting together.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Great colour combo, Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I feel like I'm in the center of a cubist's cyclone looking up through the middle. Lots and lots of wild movement contained within the energy frame as looking up the center of a regular tubular tornado. I love it. So very dynamic, and so changed but still holding to the theme. Very cool. Billions and billions (as Carl Sagan used to say) of picture frames -- and now I'm getting a black hole effect where they paintings are being torn loose from the frames and brought back to the undifferentiated source to be called up again by some artist or other in an alternate universe. . . the second stringers or third. . . even 18th? Have they come up with how many strings constitute a string theory? Anyway, that.

    I'm crazy about the design, colors and shapes and marks.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Love the acid colors on this one, what a trip
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    I like the way everything is fitting together.
    Thank you all for your appreciative and appreciated comments, this was a difficult one and I worked probably 3 times harder on it than most, lots of over thinking impeded me along the way but eventually I got to a point I liked it and so it is great that you all did as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    A windmill and/ or some sort of celtic symbols ... inspired by ancient legends and anglo-saxon mythology maybe. All collected and recovered into an image which turns them into a totem of a technological future.
    The wind tower may well be the whole global infrastructure of all the worldwide forms of telecommunications. Wind because as Latin says "verba volant" (words fly, are taken away by wind), but now everything is superficial and flies, overwhelming amounts of words, writings, images usually with a rapid decay often engulfing our minds.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    A windmill and/ or some sort of celtic symbols ... inspired by ancient legends and anglo-saxon mythology maybe. All collected and recovered into an image which turns them into a totem of a technological future.
    The wind tower may well be the whole global infrastructure of all the worldwide forms of telecommunications. Wind because as Latin says "verba volant" (words fly, are taken away by wind), but now everything is superficial and flies, overwhelming amounts of words, writings, images usually with a rapid decay often engulfing our minds.
    yes this is the wind tower of the eons of words and symbols spoken, repeated and forgotten over the millennia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •