ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Any way to record script without tracing image showing up?

Any way to record script without tracing image showing up?

To anyone who can help-

ArtRage 4.5 for Windows - Full version

Windows 7

When I draw with a tracing image, I want my recorded script to pick up only drawn strokes, instead of capturing each time the trace is turned on and off. When you play back the script at a faster speed, it looks awful because the tracing image will flash on and off. Is there any workaround to this?

I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like this only started happening with version 4.5. Not sure if there are more recent updates, but is there a way to disable visibility of tracing image during script recording?

Thanks!

The .arscript can be altered so that the code lines that tell ArtRage to show/hide the tracing will not be called. You'd need to open the .arscript in a text editor that has a feature to seek out certain script lines, so you may alter them. I prefer to use Notepad++ for things like this, because it also allows you to automatically switch the line of code with another.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

You can also pause recording then restart it whenever you toggle the tracing image (don't forget to unpause it though!)
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Yes I would recommend Notepad++ which is free and includes a handy regular expression search and replace facility so you can transform / delete any portion of the file.

For example I have written a macro that enables search and replace to remove all the zooming, re positioning of the canvas and the references to provide a clean script replay for my youtube videos.

Thanks!

Thanks guys for the input! I played around with Notepad ++ and kind of bumbled my way around editing some of the script. I was able to do a find and replace for the commands on the trace and prevented them from turning on. Seems like I just need to practice it to make the script editing smooth. Thanks again, this was a big help!