Thread: Castle Over the River

Castle Over the River

This was created with the ipad version of ArtRage and my finger over the holidays I never used the ipad version before, so it took some time to get used to working with my finger, but the software works really well. About 90% was done like that. After that, I took it to the desktop version and worked on some details using my Cintiq and pen. Then in Photoshop I added the knight and adjusted color settings a bit. I probably worked on this for about 10 hours. Some things could probably do with more work, but I like the look and feel as it is. This is a low res version, so it is a bit grainy. Let me know what you think !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IdelaCalle_Landscape_artrage.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	429.0 KB 
ID:	88640  

What a great fantasy! Has that dreamy, storybook feel.

I love the magical colors and the composition really emphasizes the steep, protective or imposing vertical climb -- as if the warrior is in for quite a challenge. I also love the range between the detailed warrior and the looseness of the castle. It works as a painting technique for sure, but it also works in that it makes the castle seem line an enchantment perhaps shielded from view or maybe it's only seen after certain tests have been overcome.

Anyway, it's a marvelous painting. Well worth the 10 hours, especially considering that you were trying out finger painting on your iPad. I've never done iPad, but it looks like it's a very viable way to go.

Beautiful!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like this a lot, and it was worth the time you put into it, now and then I play around with my ipad, but nothing to pleasing lol, my eyes wear out first great work

Good job!

I use a round tip stylis to draw and paint on my iPad. It feels so much better than using just my finger. I can hold it just like a brush or pencil. I use it to type and do everything on my iPad. Hope it helps.

Many thanks all for your coments !! I was a bit skeptical about using artrage on the ipad, but as I said, it works very well. I will have to try a pen now to see how that goes.

An impressive first entry indeed! You vaguely remind me of maestro Waheednasir as a style, and that's a high appreciation for whoever is familiar with this incredible artist mate who used to visit us and share his wondeful artpieces.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!