ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Laggy strokes in Artrage Lite

Laggy strokes in Artrage Lite

Hi there,
    My brother has got a One by Wacom tablet and we are having one problem with the ArtRage Lite software we are using the tablet with.
    When drawing, the strokes take a long time to show on the screen, it's like the drawing isn't happening in real time and is about 5 seconds behind where the drawing is at on the Wacom pad.

We are using OS X El Capitan (10.11.2) and ArtRage Lite. We are using Wacom's "Bamboo Tablet" driver version 5.3.6 (The file name of the driver download was "pentablet_5.3.6-6.dmg")

Does anyone have a fix to this or know why this is happening?
    Thanks

Can you go to Help > About ArtRage and check the version number? We've had reports that Wacom has been distributing an older version of ArtRage Lite to Mac users.

If it's NOT 4.5.9, then it's not fully compatible with OS 10.11 and that's why you are seeing problems.

You can download the latest version directly from us via our member area at http://members.artrage.com

1/ Click 'create account' and follow the instructions if you haven't done so before
    2/ Log in, click 'register', then enter your serial number and click 'save', then refresh the page.

You should now see your serial number listed with a download button beneath. Click this button to download the latest Windows or OS X version of your software.

If it IS 4.5.9, then something else is going on.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Can you go to Help > About ArtRage and check the version number? We've had reports that Wacom has been distributing an older version of ArtRage Lite to Mac users.

If it's NOT 4.5.9, then it's not fully compatible with OS 10.11 and that's why you are seeing problems.
    Thank you very much! This solved our problem. We were running Artrage Lite 4.5.5, an update to 4.5.9 solved the problem. My brother is extremely happy he can start using his tablet now.

Thanks!

Fantastic, I'm glad that's all it was. And thank you for reporting back - you're the first person to actually let us know that was definitely the problem!
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!