Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outback Scene

Outback Scene

Wishing a wonderful Christmas and a happy and safe New Year to all my dear friends here at ArtRage. xxx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outback - star.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	275.6 KB 
ID:	88571
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

And the same to you. Is this a typical christmas Australian vista?

Thank you

A very interesting scene. Great Australian view.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSaucers View Post
    And the same to you. Is this a typical christmas Australian vista?
    Typical for Central Australia - people living in Alice Springs would have this type of country on their doorstep. Most of our population is found around the coast. I live in a country town in South Australia and it is only a few hours drive to the 'outback'.

Our temperature today is forecast to be 39C - 102F and the same again tomorrow. Many people choose the beach for their Christmas lunch but I'm not a beach lover (wrong colouring) so we have our lunch outside on the patio or if too hot inside with the a/c. The Christmas fare is in the form of turkey, ham, prawns, etc., with salads and lots of luscious desserts tho our family still like the old favourite, Christmas pud.

We will be celebrating a family Christmas this evening (Christmas Eve) as our eldest granddaughter is flying out to South America early Christmas morning. She will be spending two months touring five countries on her own. Being a nervous Grandma, I'll be counting the days 'til her return.

A very interesting scene. Great Australian view.
    Thank you Marilyn Anne.
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.

Merry Christmas to you and your December June! Seems like a proper way to say it since your December is not unlike our June, June.

Nice outback Christmas card.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely scene June, have a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2016

Thanks DA and Pat - It's well into Christmas Day here - celebrated with family last night and Alyssa is now on her way to Lima. The family are at the beach and after attending Christmas Morning Mass and chatting to daughter #2, who lives in another State, Frank and I are having a relaxing day inside in the cool. Received some lovely gifts from Santa and hoping he has enough left for all those whose Christmas follows ours. CHEERS AND HOO ROO!
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

Merry Christmas June,

I love the wide open sky and space, that is one of the reason I live in Central Oregon, it has a similar look and appeal but we have several big snow covered volcanic mountains nearby called the Three Sisters, Broken Top , Mt Washington, Mt Jefferson, and Mount Hood being the most famous... It was 19 F this morning and a light dusting of snow... quite the opposite... but Christmas prawns sounds delicious, as well and all the deserts. Your granddaughter seem to have caught your adventurous spirit, I am sure she will be fine and have many wonderful tales to tell..

I Googled Central Oregon images and it looks so beautiful - one image was almost identical to my painting but with snow covered mountains in the background.

Alyssa has a personal GPS tracker https://www.findmespot.eu/en/index.php?cid=101 which relays messages back home so we know where she is. It also can send emergency signals if needed. So we have some peace of mind. This what we get -

Name:  spor.PNG
Views: 315
Size:  12.4 KB

Name:  location.PNG
Views: 396
Size:  42.6 KB
    June.

And try to ease the way
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

I know they're just background but I really like the mountains

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/