Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Option to disable TOUCH DRAWING, please (Surface Pro 3)

Option to disable TOUCH DRAWING, please (Surface Pro 3)

Hello

I know this has been discussed before, to some extent.

I understand that every combination of hardware/OS is probably a pain to support correctly but since it seems the Surface Pro is a popular choice among ArtRage users, wouldn't it be nice to add an option to disable touch drawing while still allowing multi-touch gestures to pan, rotate and zoom using microsoft APIs ?

There are too many occurrences of random strokes that I only discover 80 undo levels too late I even considered switching back to Photoshop because of this, but I like ArtRage better... And since Photoshop supports this touch drawing rejection nicely, I guess it should be possible.

Thanks for sharing your plans about that with us

Benjamin

Thumbs up I'm totally agree with this this topic.

Most important thing in Edit->Preference->Input is NOT "API A, API B, API C etcetc.... ".

It is "Suppress touch painting" option for those who have digitizer inside LCD, like Surface.

We use touch for UI.
    WE DO NOT USE TOUCH FOR PAINTING.

--
    currentdir
    Surface PRO / Windows 10 / ArtRage 4.5.9 64bit

Thumbs up

this is something ive asked for as well... ill be subscribing here to watch for answers...

+1 for disable touch drawing.

Hi there.
    Long time lurker / artrage owner.

I also would like to vote for this. This past weekend I went and picked up a surface pro 4 solely on the grounds that artrage has these amazing stencils that can be manipulated by multitouch... and while I can manipulate them via multitouch...every other time I interact with the stencil it produces an accidental brush stroke... I can also report that I get accidental brush strokes sometimes when trying to manipulate the canvas zoom/rotation. Pretty please add a the ability to disable touch brush input whilst keeping the ability to manipulate the canvas rotation angle/zoom/stencils etc.

It seems that this issue has popped up quite a bit over the years. If its an issue of development cost... i'd be willing to foot the bill myself so that this feature could be put in. I'm dead serious about that... and I'm no rich person. On that note. Is artrage being actively developed in terms of coding?

Was anything

Arrange is the only program (literally only) that has these genius stencils. Lets bring'er home people!

see this thread?

Check this thread out.. this is the same issue that i consider critical for my workflow. Im currently using Sketchbook Pro for Win10 since they have added this feature

https://forums.artrage.com/showthrea...iq-Companion-2

Quote Originally Posted by thedayismine View Post

It seems that this issue has popped up quite a bit over the years. If its an issue of development cost... i'd be willing to foot the bill myself so that this feature could be put in. I'm dead serious about that... and I'm no rich person. On that note. Is artrage being actively developed in terms of coding?
    ArtRage is very actively developed (we recently added support for AES styluses, if you're looking for an input related example) - the main problem lies in the other end; if the drivers/touch input options don't play nicely with each other or the software options we can offer, there's only so much we can do (the main issue is magically distinguishing between stylus input, finger drawing input, finger gesture input and random palm input, and sometimes there is literally nothing to tell the software which one it is), and most of the hardware hasn't really changed much since people started asking for palm rejection.

I'm not saying it definitely isn't possible or won't happen in the future - but currently, it's close enough to impossible *for ArtRage* that we haven't yet added it. We aren't anti-palm rejection - both our iOS and Android apps offer it, but that's possible because the styluses support it and mobile devices are very good at detecting different types of touch input.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    ArtRage is very actively developed (we recently added support for AES styluses, if you're looking for an input related example) - the main problem lies in the other end; if the drivers/touch input options don't play nicely with each other or the software options we can offer, there's only so much we can do (the main issue is magically distinguishing between stylus input, finger drawing input, finger gesture input and random palm input, and sometimes there is literally nothing to tell the software which one it is), and most of the hardware hasn't really changed much since people started asking for palm rejection.

I'm not saying it definitely isn't possible or won't happen in the future - but currently, it's close enough to impossible *for ArtRage* that we haven't yet added it. We aren't anti-palm rejection - both our iOS and Android apps offer it, but that's possible because the styluses support it and mobile devices are very good at detecting different types of touch input.
    I've tried pointing out that this seems to have changed and other competing software developers are taking advantage of it. So that argument may need to be revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by sastian View Post
    I've tried pointing out that this seems to have changed and other competing software developers are taking advantage of it. So that argument may need to be revisited.
    Yes, you have. Repeatedly. Your feedback - and the feedback of many users before you - has been heard. And we've said it's something we'd like to have, we know it's something our users could benefit from, it's something we might be able to add in future, but that it isn't really workable in ArtRage right now. Windows touchscreen devices have not changed since you first started commenting, we haven't rebuilt ArtRage's entire system for reading touch/stylus input, and our programmers haven't suddenly woken up in the middle of the night crying 'eureka!'.

The only thing repeatedly asking us about the same thing does is make us more annoyed as we have to constantly re-explain the same thing. I'm not going to drag a programmer away from actual ArtRage development to re-explain in increasing technical detail why we're not doing it right now, because that won't actually change the answer, it doesn't give you any useful additional information, and it's a waste of their time. I'm just going to keep telling you the same thing in different ways, until I run out of patience with you constantly popping up with the same comments and start treating them as spam.

Hmmm.

Apologies Hannah for any frustration caused here.

I know... we can be difficult.

I think that the feature request/issue in question is just such a darn frustration that this then carries over into the communication. Apologies for that.

So... I dont want anyone to get upset at this but... I must try to help.

Just quickly looking at your response... the golden line appears to be,"we've said it's something we'd like to have". (sorry I dont know how to do the quote thing)

THIS SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

This means that our entire problem is simply implementation. Right?

Unless my extrapolation of your response is incorrect it seems the problem is simply programming the feature in the application.

As I stated a few posts above, I would love to contribute to the developement of this specific feature. In whatever way I can.

I dont have coding abilities myself but I DO most certainly know where to find people that do... Specifically in the Art/ Design App niche.

A Fresh Pair of eyes never hurts when trying to solve a problem. In theory, is this something that you guys would be interested in?

In closing, I really appreciate your Patience in Reading my and Other user requests.

Apologies for any frustration caused.

Thanks
    Last edited by thedayismine; 09-18-2016 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo

If my last response is a little much; please know I am just trying to help.

Thanks Gang