Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using artrage ArtRage by itself.

Gallery
    View images

Using artrage ArtRage by itself.

How many of you like to use just artrage by itself?

Well for me I only have artrage! I wouldn't dream of buying any of those other softwares now that bought this first. It has everything and then some.

I know there's quite a few of you who like mixing photoshop and artrage and I've seen very nice effects on the finished image you make.

Gallery
    View images
    The only other program I actually use with ArtRage is Irfan.

Great for resizing and flipping. Intuitive and easy.

I do have Photoshop, but by the time the list of Patent Numbers has processed past me I've often forgotten what the heck I was going to do.

Then nine times out of ten it has to disappear off again and find another "work space".

Five minutes later it has slapped some sort of restraining order on my picture and won't let me alter it. Either because it's a layer or sometimes because it's not.

If you look away for an instant it hides all the palettes and won't tell you where they are!

It's a pro package and if I had to use it to earn a living I would persist with it, but as a casual user it was a complete waste of money.

ArtRage replaces all the old painting methods I used to use and adds a few others. The PS style bits of it are safely tucked away on menus I seldom get to.

Perfect!

Phil

Plus! if you moan at the Ambient team, things get done. :lol:
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    yeah, like Bob Ross brushes...
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Hanzz,

And turning the lighting off. :lol:

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    There's lots of software out there that I already have mastered and know gets a certain effect, so when I visualize a painting, I include what each does as a possibility.

It's like owning several vehicles -- A Ferrari, a hybrid, and a truck and a motorcycle. During the course of the day you may drive one, two or three of them, maybe all.

I wouldn't go take tree trimmings to the dump in the Ferrari or hybrid for different reasons. But they are good for other purposes though, and you could certainly get from point A to point B in each of them.

Any one of them brings a different quality. If all you own is a motorcycle, you do those kinds of things it's suited for or you struggle trying to get it to do something it's not suited for. But being your only vehicle, you may decide it's necessary. But it wouldn't be as easy as if you had driven the truck for example.

I begin and finish pieces in ArtRage exclusively from time to time.

But if it would look better to take it into Photoshop at points, I have no qualms about it.

ArtRage is growing though and it may change my workflow as it does more and more things.

Gallery
    View images
    Dakey - You have a great philosophy there, and it applies to a mate also. :shock:
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day! Joe V.

Gallery
    View images
    Hahhahah.

That's hilarous that you brought that up, because (wives) was the first analogy that came to mind. But I figured only certain readers could relate. Apparently you're one of those.

So much for where the mind leadeth. . .

the joke is sure to follow.

Gallery
    View images
    I use Artrage te most only use other software if i need to use the jpg for some reason, but its Artrage all the way
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I am eclectic in achieving a result that I want. I will use several applications or one depending on if I like the results.
    This approach has given me pause to post on this forum. I feel like I'm cheating or worse.
    I haven't posted recently due to this nagging attitude and medical problems. (Cancer is a nasty!)
    Maybe the two are related?
    You'll know when you get there!

Gallery
    View images
    To me, never use any graphic or painting software until I got it in February. I felt in love with it because it teaches me how to draw. ha..ha. I meant the simplicity and user friendly interface so encouraging for beginner like me. In addition, it has all different media to use, to try out, to explore the drawing world in an easy way.

I might said all my drawing so far all got inspired by ArtRagers in this forum and the program itself. It's kind of part of my life now. So, I would say I only use ArtRage :lol: :lol: