Thread: the Thames

the Thames

another photo-painting this time of the Thames in London, the photo taken by my son Mateo. I thought it was a misty moody image and tried to capture that feeling in this work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Thames.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	382.0 KB 
ID:	88547  

Hi gxhpainter -- I've really liked your past three images, and they remind me somewhat of another artist with similar works of "photopainting" (http://sarahjarrettart.blogspot.com/). I'm intrigued by the use of photos, filters, and texture overlays and colors to remix art. Anyway, I've really enjoyed these last few. Keep up the good work.

This is beautiful Gary, really love the texture and the mood you captured, great work

Your son has a good eye. Chip off the old block, eh?

Neat.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The effect of the old masters

Like all the lovely English painters! The light and palette remind me of those paintings.

Gary I like very much the effects you have been achieving with your latest photo paintings. Very beautiful!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by rscottfree View Post
    Hi gxhpainter -- I've really liked your past three images, and they remind me somewhat of another artist with similar works of "photopainting" (http://sarahjarrettart.blogspot.com/). I'm intrigued by the use of photos, filters, and texture overlays and colors to remix art. Anyway, I've really enjoyed these last few. Keep up the good work.
    thanks rscottfree, I checked out sarah Jarrett link and love her work, and was a bit surprised that she works with primarily mobile apps ... that area of iphoneography as it has come to be called is certainly a hot bet of creativity right now with so many people working in it. Thanks for the support and link to Sarah's work

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    This is beautiful Gary, really love the texture and the mood you captured, great work
    Thanks Pat I struggled a bit with this trying to keep some texture without overwhelming the misty foggy quality..

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Your son has a good eye. Chip off the old block, eh?

Neat.

Thanks D Akey I will let him know about your comments... I am hoping that at some point he might start to want to get into photo painting himself, although right now he is too busy with two jobs ..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Like all the lovely English painters! The light and palette remind me of those paintings.
    thanks Marilyn Anne that is kind of the effect I was looking for, I just watched a section on Turner from the Netflix series called "The Power of Art"

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Gary I like very much the effects you have been achieving with your latest photo paintings. Very beautiful!
    Thanks June I have been busy with each of these refining some photo manipulations to create them.

I can feel the chill in the air Gary, great work and a Merry Christmas to you and yours
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    I can feel the chill in the air Gary, great work and a Merry Christmas to you and yours
    Thanks Katie! So very good to hear from you again, and a very Merry Christmas to you!.