Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Few Suggestions Topic

Lightbulb Another Few Suggestions Topic

Hi, i have bought it today on sale for future use on tablet (I have "only" Galaxy Note 2 at the moment) .. it was still lil pricy for "casual" graphic as i am but (i hope) if it have listening and active devs it would be worth it. Firstly i have to say its best looking app of this kind and im happy you have done Android version because it was my favourite drawing app on PC long before despite fact mouse was not so practical as pen (but i had some time to try it with wacom tablet screen at school and that was great).

Anyway i would like to ask for few things. Would be great if you could implement somehow Samsung SPen SDK (im not sure if its even necessary, it could be implemented as classic mouse maybe) and show brush size circle while hovering with spen over screen - it would be great especialy with eraser to see where it will be erasing . Second thing - would be nice if position in layer menu would not be reseted after action like show/hide layer or change of opacity - when i do one of these layers will scroll to top and on smaller devices it could be anoying if somebody have to work a lot with layers. Another great thing would be implementation of Folders or atleast Tags in galery for better sorting/categorizing of drawings.

PS: finding rename option wasnt much intuitive either (would be nice if it could be in menu also) but i could live without it

I hope this help improve your app somehow, thx for reading and sorry for my english - im not from english speaking country.

Thank you for the suggestions! Those are all useful, but involve lots of technical things that will decide whether we can add them.

Thx for reply, its really nice to see so active Admin/Moderator ... I see, im partialy developer too so i see few problems that would be needed to solve probably but technicaly it should all be possible and not as much problematic. Anyway keep me informed here what was rejected/accepted (so i could know what i can look forward to see ) if i may ask

Ok, after some time of using i have few more ideas:

Export/Import to/from psd or atleast what gimp uses.
    Moving layers in drawing space (weird i was not able to find this, it seems like basic tool).

And about S-Pen - button settings (maybe to switch before last used tool and eraser?)

I will probably add to this post eventualy another ideas

Quote Originally Posted by astromedia View Post
    Moving layers in drawing space (weird i was not able to find this, it seems like basic tool).

Transforming layer contents? We're actually working on this (and have been for a year). It's got some really complicated math, so we're still fine tuning it.

We probably won't be changing the export options any time soon, but we are looking at what else we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Transforming layer contents?
    I used "in drawing space" to exclude meaning "Move layer in list". Pardon my poor vocabulary, i will demonstrate it on example. Let say i will draw house in one layer and tree in second layer and now i would like to be able to move that tree to be at different position to house (or duplicate and move to create "forest" around my house). So just simple movement of layer content would be enough. But moving and resizing should not be so complicated too if you dont mean transforming on curve level (i dont know how exactly are drawing paths of all tools handled = if its possible), there i would see that complicated math but that basic movement would be enough

About exporting would be nice to have some commonly used format with layer support to export to.

PS: About moving layers in list - while i have more layers and using smaller screen that movement (up/down) in list becoming fast/chaotic. On bigger screen there would be nice to have some line separator/cursor to see where that draged layer goes after droped but on smaller screens would be nice to rework that movement algorythm completely to be more slow/fluent or add buttons to move up/down by 1. Main problem i see there is there is no safe/stop zone while draging that layer ... would be nice to be able to stop that moving on spot where i want layer to go and not just drop at random and hope it will go right where i want it to be I hope you understand
    Last edited by astromedia; 12-24-2015 at 11:57 AM.

I understand - I agree, I'm just not sure if I can promise we can fix it yet! We do appreciate the feedback.

For transform - moving is easy. It's rotating, flipping, and resizing that gets complicated (especially when you're doing more than one of those at a time).

Nice to see transforms update, Im happy to see you figured out that complex math finaly ... Anyway i have another suggestion (i hope i dont missed it somewhere): Modifying HSL values of current selected layer would be nice. I will give example: Im drawing actualy with more cartoon-ish style so i have outline in one layer and colored background in second layer - now if i want to recolor it i have to redraw that background layer but if there would be option to change hue of layer it could be done in one click.

PS: would be nice to have theese options like layer blending, HSL change, etc = anything what changes visualy layer in some kind of dragable (and more minimalistic - atleast at phone/smaller screen) window and use canvas as preview how it would look like when applyed (atleast for that less cpu/gpu expensive actions). Its not so big deal but on smaller screens for example that list of blending modes takes 98% of screen and if user does not know what every of that name means or just like me likes to experiment with it he have to go trough menus every time until he find desired blend mode that best fits current purpose.

Theese things are not so important but it would be nice addition if dev team would have some time eventualy.

Quote Originally Posted by astromedia View Post
    Nice to see transforms update, Im happy to see you figured out that complex math finaly ... Anyway i have another suggestion (i hope i dont missed it somewhere): Modifying HSL values of current selected layer would be nice. I will give example: Im drawing actualy with more cartoon-ish style so i have outline in one layer and colored background in second layer - now if i want to recolor it i have to redraw that background layer but if there would be option to change hue of layer it could be done in one click.
    Fill bucket?

We won't be adding any image editing 'effects', as that's getting a bit far afield - and of course, we don't have much memory to play with, so don't really have much space to add anything new.

Fill bucket was not exactly what i was mentioning. Theoreticaly it could do it but i was talking about something Photoshop for example has on Ctrl+U - dialog to adjust Hue, Saturation and Lightness of layer. But i understand if it not fits to main intended purpose of your app .

I was just thinking it could be great feature to adjust color of part of drawing if you draw to separate layers, picking some colors that you thing it would be alright but after whole image is drawn it seems that color would be better to be more/less saturated or it would be better if that color had slightly different hue. (Or if somebody needs to draw more differently colored versions of character for example) ... It could possibly be done in PS after export but it would have to be possible to export to psd format and not everybody has PS.

I have relativly "resourcefull" device so im good with some more gpu/cpu expensive features but i understand if you want to have it running on lowend devices as well it would be problematic.

Anyway thx for response. I hope you understand now, sorry my english is still horrible