Thread: Hilo Waterfall

Hilo Waterfall

Hi all - so sick of computer troubles so I bought a new one. I had been resisting the purchase, as despite it being a lemon, I really loved my HP A-I-O. So this painting was started on the HP and finished on my new Asus laptop.

Hopefully, I will be back once more to painting and contributing to the forum instead of reinstalling AR and the rest of my programmes only to have it crash again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Waterfall.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	88533
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Just ..........,wonderful
    And sorry to hear about ye computer probs,indeed lets hope it over now

Congrats June looks like now there will B no holding U with your new laptop CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

POZDRAWSKI

I've no doubt that you will never look back at your old computer like a first boyfriend who fumbled his way through your relationship as you learned about this and that <sigh>. Now that you've learned about painting, it's time you moved on to an adult relationship with your computer. Niagara Falls is a famous honeymoon spot. Seeing this postcard picture you sent back, all I can say is, "Congratulations!"

and HOO ROO!!!!!!!!!!!!! A decent computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely scene !

Like to be there!

Yes computers can be a great source of frustration and anxiety.. but also for the digital artist a very necessary piece of equipment along with the Wacom pen. This is a beautiful painting June it will be great to have to back with us ..

Great painting June, you will grow to love your new comp, when it is not crashing all the time lol

Thanks dear friends - Rondo, Mr.Ploos ,DA, Marilyn Anne, Gary and Pat for your lovely comments - I apologise for not keeping up with comments on your works of art but I kept getting bogged down with my computer problems. Hoping all that is behind me now.

My Bamboo also played up with the HP as did having a 2nd monitor attached to a touch screen computer. It took a long time to find out which devices were not playing nicely together.

So now I have the laptop with a 2nd monitor and I'm using my other graphic tablet, a Huion - all seem to be working well together. I tried to reset the HP to factory default and it got stuck at 16%. I think I will take it back to the shop one more time - get it running and use it only for digital art, as it has a beautiful 23" touchscreen. I might try painting directly on the screen (like a Cintique ?) It seems a pity to have it sitting there doing nothing.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    . . .I think I will take it back to the shop one more time - get it running and use it only for digital art, as it has a beautiful 23" touchscreen. I might try painting directly on the screen (like a Cintique ?) It seems a pity to have it sitting there doing nothing.
    There is no substitute for this experience of painting and drawing directly onto the painting (screen). Anything else, while it can work, it's a little unnatural for me, personally. My taste and experience. But my Cintiq opened up the world of painting on the computer again. Sometimes getting all gadgety and fighting compatibility just isn't worth it when a simpler set up does the job elegantly. All that other stuff is cool when it works, to be sure. But once I tasted painting on the screen I will never go back (as far as painting and drawing goes). I'm fine with my mouse for photo and other program stuff, but not Art. Old muscle memory I guess.

Good luck with it all.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

What a wonderful lush place that is Enug. Merry Christmas to you
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307