ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Default Canvas Size

Default Canvas Size

AR automatically set up a blank canvas based on the device/monitor's resolution after launch the program. Is there a way to change default canvas size to something other than the device's resolution? thanks in advance.

Hello javafuel,
    Unfortunately not at the moment.
    My favoured workaround for this is to have a collection of home made "templates" which I keep handy and launch AR by opening one of these.
    For example if I want to do some pencil drawing I have a .ptg file already to go with my favoured dimensions and canvas texture that I will want. Like wise for oil painting, watercolours etc…
    Another advantage with this method is that specific toolboxes can also be saved within these template canvases ready for use.
    The one thing to remember, is to do a Save As… at the start of your work so that you don't accidentally overwrite the template canvas!
    Hope this proves useful to you.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

You can also create your own canvas presets and load them from the New Canvas menu.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Another advantage with this method is that specific toolboxes can also be saved within these template canvases ready for use.
    The one thing to remember, is to do a Save As… at the start of your work so that you don't accidentally overwrite the template canvas!
    Hope this proves useful to you.
    That's a great idea! Thanks for the tips.